Getting through payday and beyond can be challenging if you don’t have the best payroll software working for you.
Keeping a business compliant with regulations, honoring payment schedules to employees and contractors is a full-time job. Luckily, quality payroll software automates many of these tasks while ensuring that the small details are taken care of as well.
What’s more, many of the best payroll software integrate with other popular HR apps and tools to create more efficient workflows. As an employer, this means less pain points for you, as well as happy employees.
Today, we talk the best payroll software options available, and what makes each one worth looking into.
As always, selecting a piece of software requires that you keep the requirements of your business in the forefront. Therefore, what’s good for one business may not be suitable for another. Below, we list some of the features that are the most desirable in payroll software. This can help as a reference point in selecting just the things that are important for you.
Features to look for in payroll software
Needless to say, payroll software should be easy to set up, intuitive and run on any device. Apart from that, it should also have the following:
- integration with other tools and apps to streamline workflows and save time
- payroll processing for employees and contractors
- historical data handling from prior payrolls
- automations for managing employee salaries, wages, bonuses and deductions
- automatic payroll calculation once employee work hours are entered
- syncing with time-cards to track employee hours
- managing payment options for employees
- employee benefits like health care and retirement
- automated tax calculations, deductions and filings
- employee onboarding features
- Core at $22.50/mo + $4/employee/mo
- Premium at $37.50/mo + $8/employee/mo
- Elite at $62.50/mo + $10/employee/mo
? Key features:
- Works for small to mid-size businesses
- Automatic calculation and payment of payroll taxes
- Manage benefits and employee services
- Same day direct deposit for longer cash retention
- Free paycheck calculator, payroll glossary and payroll tax map
- Onboard new employees with employee toolkit
- Helps comply with mandatory labor law posting regulations
- Automate workers compensation
This article was written by Priya and originally published on CodeinWP.