Want to boost your search traffic? Write compelling blog descriptions.
If you’re struggling to increase your traffic from Google, you should start focusing on the basics first.
The SEO basics like having a compelling blog description and writing effective meta descriptions for your blog posts matter A LOT.
If you’re looking for a helpful guide on crafting perfect blog descriptions, this post is just for you.
In this post, we’ll talk about;
- What is a blog description?
- Difference between blog descriptions and blog post descriptions
- Examples of great blog descriptions
- How to write better descriptions for your blog (and blog posts) and much more
Are you ready? Let’s get into the details without much ado.
Blog Descriptions: Everything You Need to Know
What is a Blog Description?
A blog description is a snippet used to summarize a website’s content. Search engines display blog or website descriptions in search results to let visitors know what a blog is about before clicking on it.
Here’s an example of a blog description on our site.
Benefits of blog descriptions:
Blog descriptions offer you the following benefits.
- Blog descriptions improve your website’s organic click-through rates (CTR)
- They will create an impact on your website’s conversions and sales
- They will improve your website’s indexing so you can rank higher on search results
- They will help you attract target audience to your site
Difference Between Blog Description and Blog Post Description
There are typically two types of blog descriptions;
- Blog description
- Blog post description
Let’s talk about the difference between blog description and post description along with real-life examples.
1. Blog description: A blog description is a short summary of your blog’s homepage which appears below your site link in SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
Here’s the example of a blog description;