If you run a website, you probably rely on Google services for analytics tracking, performance testing, and more. Managing all of them can be tricky, which is why there’s now a plugin called Site Kit for WordPress.
With the official Google Site Kit plugin, you can connect all your favorite Google webmaster services to WordPress. Where applicable, you’ll also be able to view data inside your WordPress dashboard, like your statistics from Google Analytics.
In this review, we’ll take a closer look at the Google Site Kit WordPress plugin, what it has to offer, and how to set it up.
Let’s dive in!
An introduction to Google Site Kit
Site Kit is a plugin that enables you to connect your WordPress website with these six Google services:
- Search Console. With Search Console, you can monitor your site’s traffic, its performance, and indexing status.
- Analytics. Google’s popular web analytics tool provides you with massive amounts of data about your site’s visitors, which is invaluable for marketing and optimization.
- AdSense. If you want to monetize your website using ads, AdSense is one of the most popular platforms you can use to insert ads.
- PageSpeed Insights. This tool enables you to test your website’s performance. It returns an overall score, as well as a broad range of suggestions on how to improve your desktop and mobile experiences.
- Tag Manager. This service enables you to add tracking pixels and snippets to your website without modifying code manually.
- Optimize. With Optimize, you can run in-depth A/B tests for your website. It integrates with Google Analytics to give you better insights into results.
It’s important to understand that Site Kit is not a replacement for any of the services we listed above. Rather, it simplifies the process of integrating them with WordPress. For example, if you haven’t already manually added Google Analytics to your site, Site Kit can help you add the tracking code.
Once your services are integrated, Site Kit also enables you to access key metrics from inside your WordPress dashboard. With Google Analytics, for example, you can view your overall traffic, impressions, clicks, and goals.
You don’t need a plugin to help you connect any of those services with your WordPress website, but Site Kit makes the process a lot easier. All you have to do in most cases is click some buttons to provide a few authorizations.
How to use Google Site Kit with WordPress (in 4 steps)
To really understand the value Google Site Kit provides for WordPress users, it helps to see it in action. Here’s how to get it up and running for your site in a few simple steps.
Step 1: Install and activate Google Site Kit
This article was written by John Hughes and originally published on ThemeIsle Blog.