Searching for the best WordPress CRM plugin?
A CRM, short for customer relationship management tool, helps you, well, manage your customer relationships. You can store contact details, track activity, segment your contacts, send emails, and set up automation rules to improve your marketing.
Groundhogg is a CRM and marketing automation plugin that gives you access to advanced features you’d usually find in SaaS tools, but in a native WordPress plugin that’s a lot more affordable (or maybe even free).
It has a 4.9-star rating according to its WordPress.org listing page and it won the 2021 Gold Stevie Award for Sales & Customer service in the CRM Small Business Suite category, so it’s got some happy customers behind it.
In our hands-on Groundhogg review, we’ll take a look at how this WordPress CRM plugin can help you improve your marketing efforts with funnels, email campaigns, and marketing automation.
Note – we previously reviewed Groundhogg version 1 in 2019. We’re re-reviewing it in 2021 to account for new features and interface designs.
A Quick Introduction to Groundhogg and Its Features
At a high level, Groundhogg has four core functions:
- CRM – manage your contacts and collect information using custom forms.
- Email marketing – send one-off or automated emails to your contacts. Think of it as a replacement for tools like Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign.
- Marketing automation – create simple or complex sales funnels to guide leads through the sales process.
- Analytics/reporting – view detailed analytics on those other three features, such as tracking email open/click rates and user activity.
One of the things that makes it flexible is that Groundhogg also integrates with a lot of other popular WordPress plugins and tools including:
- Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)
- WP Simple Pay
- Awesome Support
For example, if you’re using WooCommerce, Groundhogg will let you manage your shoppers and also set up automation rules based on shoppers’ actions, such as adding items to their cart, purchasing certain products, etc.
There are also a number of add-ons to give you more advanced sales and marketing features including:
- Sales pipeline automation
- Simple payments
- Content restriction
- Signed contracts
- Lead scoring
- Booking calendars
- Tracking links
- More advanced custom meta fields
- Birthday automation
- Company management
How Is Groundhogg Different Than Other
This article was written by Colin Newcomer and originally published on WP Mayor.