- What is Keyword Gap Analysis?
- How does finding Keyword Gap help your business?
- How to perform Keyword Gap Analysis?
- What are the best Keyword Gap analysis tools?
When it comes to keyword research, we have a plethora of Keyword research tools to help us. However, what matters is the technique you are using for researching the perfect keyword for your business.
Keyword gap analysis is one such technique that is useful for:
- Bloggers and E-commerce store owners
- Marketing, Ecommerce and Digital marketing managers
- Agencies and SEO consultants
This technique is literally the holy grail of finding new keywords. In this guide, I will teach you everything about Keyword Gap analysis and best practices.
Here we go…
What is Keyword Gap Analysis?
Keyword gap analysis is the strategy of comparing two or more competing domains to identify those keywords that competition is ranking for, but you are not.
The key here is to pick 1-2 competitor or top websites in your niche, use any of the below-mentioned competitor keyword gap analysis tools, and find those keywords that are driving traffic to your competitor websites.
Thanks to modern keyword gap analysis tools that made this process simple, and with a few hours of exercise you could possibly find new opportunities to create content for your’s or client website.
There are many benefits of Competitor Keyword gap analysis, such as:
- The fastest way to find new opportunities
- Find questions that readers ask
- Discover keywords that are working for an existing website
- Find valuable, and high volume keywords in a minute
How to perform Competition Keyword gap analysis:
To get started with the process, you need the following stuff:
- A tool for performing competitive keyword gap analysis (Mentioned @ top and below)
- A list of your competitors
- 1-2 hour of focused time
- An excel sheet or a way to organize your Keywords
Best Tools for Keyword gap analysis:
These days, all popular Keyword research tools offer Keyword gap analysis features. Some of the most popular Keyword gap analysis tools these days are:
Most of these tools function similarly, and it is just a matter of your choice. I personally use SEMRush as it offers a lot more features than others.
If you never tried this amazing tool before, you could read my review of SEMRush, and use this SEMRush trial link to take a free test-drive fro 14 days.
How to find List of the competitive domain for Gap analysis:
Now, you need a list of domains that are competing with your domain in SERP. You can again find this using any of the tools listed above.
Here is how you can do
This article was written by Harsh Agrawal and originally published on ShoutMeLoud.