Have you ever experienced something new that made you realize the way you’ve always done things is…bad?
That’s the feeling I had when I signed into the Kinsta dashboard for the first time. I’ve been hosting sites for ten years now, but during that whole time I’ve never used a host that didn’t rely on cPanel for its dashboard.
I always assumed that was normal. Sure, cPanel’s interface looks like it hasn’t been touched since the 90s, but it works…
Unfortunately for my reality, I now know that’s not normal. There are better ways of doing a hosting dashboard, and Kinsta is one of the hosting providers who recognize that…while also giving you some of the fastest page load times out there.
In today’s review, I’m going to be digging into Kinsta hosting. Since 2013, Kinsta has been providing high-performance managed WordPress hosting to businesses and enterprises. They’re not the cheapest host out there (though their prices are competitive with similar offerings), but if you’re looking for quality and service rather than latte-priced shared hosting, you should keep reading.
*Note, we originally posted our Kinsta review back in 2016. In March 2020, we went through and updated all of the information, ran new performance tests, and covered new features.
Key Kinsta Features (for Humans)
- Managed hosting. That means Kinsta handles the tech while you focus on the other stuff.
- Optimized for WordPress. Obviously – it’s what they do!
- Built on Google Cloud. Kinsta’s infrastructure is powered by the Google Cloud platform.
- Server-level caching. Kinsta implements caching at a server level for optimal performance.
- Integrated CDN. You get an integrated CDN service from KeyCDN at no extra cost. The CDN bandwidth that you get depends on your plan.
- 22 different data centers. Choose from different data centers located all around the world. This is great for allowing you to locate your server where your primary audience is.
- Free site migrations. Migrations are easy to initiate from inside the dashboard.
- Easy staging areas. Make changes to your site in a staging area and only push them live when you know they work.
- Site cloning. In addition to staging, you can also quickly clone a site to speed up your development workflows.
- WordPress-specific security features. Kinsta monitors for malicious attacks, DDoS, and other security issues.
- Automatic backups. It’s super easy to restore to a backup – you just need to click a button. You’ll get daily backups included with your plan, but you can upgrade to more frequent backups for an extra price.
- 24/7 uptime monitoring. They seriously check your site
This article was written by Colin Newcomer and originally published on Learn WordPress with WPLift.