Reading Time: 12 minutes
During the last year, Magento managed to make great strides in terms of product innovation, business growth, and exploring new avenues for revenue generation. The popular ecommerce platform also managed to integrate new user-friendly features, thereby attracting thousands of satisfied customers
The platform had also created opportunities for developers with some of the amazing tools that lead them to learn something new and stay competitive in the market.
Without further delay, let’s check out the Magento overview of the year 2019:
Magento PWA Studio
Magento started the year with a bang! The launch of Progressive Web Application (PWA) Studio by Magento was one of the biggest news for the dedicated users, developers and community at large. The PWA is essentially a web application with front-end architecture that intends to work just like the native mobile application and mobile site that leverages open web APIs to build an “application-like experience directly in the browser to boost online conversions.
Moreover, with PWA, there is no need to download or install it on mobile phones, unlike the applications available in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Magento Empowers Merchants for Global Growth
At MagentoLive Australia, the organization unveiled improvements for the Magento Commerce platform that was aimed to simplify the processes, improve scalability and performance for global Magento merchants.
The sole purpose of these enhancements was to introduce innovation and offer a better end-to-end online shopping experience for today’s consumers.
The key takeaways from MagentoLive Australia 2019 were:
- Introduction of new modular features that will enable brands to upgrade and scale faster, including PWA Studio, Multi-Source Inventory (MSI), and Page Builder -independent of core product upgrades.
- Enhancement in the page builder that allows developers to create and edit content 10X faster than before.
- Expanded global shipping option – availability across 37 countries with support from DHL, FedEx, UPS, and other trusted carrier services.
- Optimized order processing time within the admin panel, thus allowing to upload high-resolution images without compression.
Introduction of Amazon Sales Channel in Magento
With the availability of Amazon Sales Channel, the Magento store owners can have multiple accounts and treat their Magento Admin Panel as a central hub for all their vital Amazon marketplace activities, thereby, it helps in reducing data silos, removing operational friction, and eliminating additional integration costs.
Some of the salient features of Amazon Sales Channel include:
- Smart Pricing Rules
- Listing Management
- Inventory Management
- B2B Pricing and Quantity Discount
- Fulfillment and Order Management
This article was written by Abdur Rahman and originally published on The Official Cloudways Blog.