The Versatile New Layers Panel
Build Visually And Quickly Navigate Your Content In The Layers Panel At The Same Time. It's The Best Of Both Worlds!
Today we are excited to introduce Divi Layers View, a brand new editing panel in the builder that allows you to quickly view, navigate, organize and edit your pages inside a nested layers interface. You can explore your content inside the layers panel while at the same time editing your page visually. This brings the simplicity and efficiency of block-based editing and combines it with the intuitive nature of the visual builder, giving you the best of both worlds! The layers panel consolidates long and complex pages and allows you to navigate and edit them with a new found efficiency.
How To Access Layers View
To use the new layers panel, simply click the new layers icon or right click on any element and choose “Go To Layer” to locate that element within the layers window. This will give you an organized view of your entire page content within a condensed window.
View Your Page Structure & Quickly Navigate To Any Element
The layers panel gives you a structured view of your page content that is organized and easy to understand. You can dig down inside each section to reveal nested rows, columns and modules. You can also search the layers panel to quickly find what you are looking for or filter the layers panel to reveal specific sections, rows or modules. If you click on something in the layers panel, it will automatically scroll your page to where that element is located so that you can edit it using the Visual Builder.
- View Your Page Structure – The layers panel displays all elements in an organized, nested list that clearly showcases your page structure.
- Search Elements – Looking for a particular element on a long and complex page? Simply search the layers panel to find it quickly, navigate to its position on the page and start editing.
- Filter Elements By Type – Want to quickly locate all the button modules on your page? Filter the layers panel by “button” to see them all in an organized list!
- Quickly Navigate Your Page – Somethings it’s hard to find what you are looking for a long a page. Instead of scrolling up and down the page in search, simply click on the section in the layers panel to navigate to its position instantly.
Organize Elements And Quickly Rename Layers
Elements can be easily organized within the layers panel. Sections, rows, columns and modules can all be rearranged using drag and drop. The condensed and ordered view of the layers panels makes moving certain elements around much easier. You can also quickly rename elements in the layers panel. Simply click the name of any element to adjust its admin label.
- Easily Rename Elements – No need
This article was written by Nick Roach and originally published on Elegant Themes Blog.