The standard features are pretty similar when looking at cPanel and Plesk side-by-side. I would argue that cPanel has better features set up for resellers, while Plesk provides its extension database, which we like for regular businesses that may need to expand functionality in the future.
Having said that, the most needed features, like email address management, one-click WordPress installs, and database access, are included with both cPanel and Plesk.
Pricing of Plesk vs cPanel
Pricing for a hosting control panel depends on who you are. If you’re building your own website and require hosting, the control panel cost is typically factored into how much you’re paying for a shared or managed server.
However, opting for a dedicated server often means that you have full command over the control panel. The same can be said for hosting companies, resellers, and website developers. In short, some companies will indeed have to worry about pricing from cPanel and Plesk and include that cost into what customers are being charged.
Note; if you’re only looking for a host capable of running cPanel or Plesk, consider giving these a chance:
- Bluehost – cPanel hosting from $2.95
- SiteGround – cPanel hosting from $3.95
- A2 Hosting – cPanel hosting from $3.92 and Plesk hosting from $11.99
- HostGator – cPanel hosting from $2.75 and Plesk hosting from $4.76
The cPanel pricing is organized into several plans, with options for resellers as well.
Here’s what to expect for regular businesses running their own servers or customizing their own control panels:
- Solo – $15 per month to activate cPanel on one hosting account.
- Admin – $20 per month for agencies and slightly larger businesses that need a few accounts.
- Pro – $30 per month for up to 30 accounts. This makes sense for larger agencies and mid-level businesses.
- Premier – $45 per month for up to 100 cPanel accounts.
Partner licensing for cPanel
The plans listed above are suitable for small businesses, mid-level businesses, and agencies with up to 100 hosting accounts. This may work for some brands, but many hosting companies, resellers, and larger agencies require far more than 100 accounts.
That’s where partner licenses come into play for cPanel.
- Bulk account – The cost is $0.10 per account per month. You must have at least 1,780 hosting accounts to be considered for this discount.
Quite a few other custom cPanel plans are available for you to consider. For instance, enhanced cPanel packages are provided with
This article was written by Joe Warnimont and originally published on CodeinWP.