What’s the #1 way to build a profitable blog or business online?
If you said “great content”, you’re 100% right.
People and Google – both are getting smarter. The ONLY way to build a successful business online is to create smart content.
Here’s where SEO copywriting comes into play. SEO copywriting is all about creating content that converts and ranks well in search engines.
In this detailed guide, you’ll learn;
- What is SEO copywriting and its importance
- How to create content that ranks and converts
- SEO copywriting examples (real-life)
- All the essential SEO copywriting tools you need
So are you ready to learn? Let’s get started without much ado.
SEO Copywriting: The Ultimate Guide for Beginners
What is SEO Copywriting?
SEO copywriting is the art of creating content for people and optimising it for search engines like Google.
SEO copywriting = Copywriting (content that converts) + Search Engine Optimization (content that generates organic traffic)
Here’s a simple difference between copywriting and SEO copywriting along with examples.
- Copywriting involves in creating content that sells itself (best example is “Copyblogger” that uses content to convert people into customers)
- SEO copywriting involves in creating content that converts and also drives more organic traffic (best example is “Backlinko” as Brian Dean’s content drives HUGE search traffic and also converts into profits)
Why is SEO Copywriting Important?
SEO copywriting is all about serving two masters – one is: your target audience and the other is: Google. You’re creating content for people and optimizing for search bots.
Google is evolving everyday. It’s getting smarter. People are also getting smarter. They have too many choices out there. If your content sucks, they will visit your competitors’ websites. It’s as simple as that.
That’s why you need to use the best SEO copywriting practices to satisfy both people and search engines.
Here are some of the biggest benefits of SEO copywriting.
- Great copywriting is all about persuading people with your words. You’re indirectly selling your products/services with your copywriting skills. So ultimately it helps you with more profits.
- SEO copywriting helps you with higher search rankings because you’ll be mostly targeting those search terms that people are already looking for.
- It helps you with better conversions and improves your online brand awareness.
- With SEO copywriting, you can communicate and engage with a wider range of people worldwide.
SEO Copywriting Best Practices
We’ll now talk about the best practices for SEO copywriting where you’ll learn how to write for people and optimise for Google.
Learn the 4-Step SEO Process for Effective SEO Copywriting
Here’s a 4-step SEO process to master SEO
This article was written by Anil Agarwal and originally published on BloggersPassion: Learn SEO Blogging with An Expert.