If we say that we’re living in a subscription-based economy, it won’t be an exaggeration.
Subscriptions are no longer limited to Netflix, Hulu, and other similar content streaming platforms alone – they’ve become a part of our lives, as more and more companies choose this payment model to offer their services.
According to McKinsey, 15% of online shoppers have signed up for one or more subscription-based services to receive various services on a recurring basis. And since there are an expected 2 billion online shoppers in the world, 15% of it cuts across a vast industry.
So if you too want to sell a service or a product, better to sell it with recurring payments through a subscription site. And fortunately, setting up a subscription site is easier than you think, thanks to WooCommerce and WordPress.
In this article, we’ll take a look at all things related to it, including how you can set up a WooCommerce based subscription site easily. Let’s begin!
Why WooCommerce Is a Good Platform to Handle Recurring Payments
WooCommerce by itself allows you to set up products that can be purchased using a single time payment. To set up recurring payments on WooCommerce, you need to use an extension called WooCommerce Subscriptions.
In addition to that, it’s also much affordable in comparison to the other 3rd party solutions developed for the same purpose as it costs only $199 annually.
Let’s see how to set it up.
Steps to Install and Setup WooCommerce Subscriptions Plugin
The first step to set up the plugin is, of course, to purchase it. Once that’s done, here’s how it can be installed and set up:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Plugins >> Add New.
- On the Add New page, type and Search for WooCommerce Subscriptions. Once you find it in the search results, hit the Install button.
- Once the plugin has been installed, you’ll see an ‘Activate’ button in place of the Install button. Click it to activate the plugin.
You’ve installed and activated the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension. In the next few steps, we’ll tell you how to set up a subscription product using it.
Here we go:
Steps to Set Up a Subscription Product
- In the left column of your WordPress dashboard, click Products >> Add product.
- You’ll find a section similar to the one shown below on your Product creation
This article was written by Samrat Roy and originally published on WP Pluginsify.