re you looking to start a fashion blog, but don’t know where to start?
Starting a blog today is pretty straightforward, but it’s hard to be successful and make money from it.
If you’re passionate about fashion and style, you’re probably already following the hottest fashion bloggers and influencers on Instagram.
A fashion blog provides them with a platform to get out their ideas on the subject, and also brings them a ton of opportunities. You’d be surprised to see how many ways fashion bloggers make money from their blogs.
According to Business Insider, fashion and style brands are forecast to spend up to $15 billion by 2022. They spend on everything from promoted posts and content to free samples, trips, and more.
In this article, we’ll show you how to start a fashion blog and share some tips on how to make money with it.
Step 1: Choose a Fashion Blog Niche and Name
Before you dive into the nuts and bolts of your blog, like finding the best blog hosting, you’ve got to determine what you’re going to blog about.
You know you want to blog about fashion, but to find out if your idea is viable, sit down and brainstorm. If you can come up with at least 20 blog post ideas in 15 minutes, you’ve got a winner. If you don’t, it’s back to the drawing board.
Once you’ve chosen your main topic, you’ll want to name your blog. Think about your topic, your target audience, and what your blog style will be like.
To come up with a name, try:
- A blog name generator
- Using a thesaurus to come up with different words
- Use techniques like rhyming, alliteration, or assonance (like “Fashionista File” or “Buying on a Budget”)
You can read more tips and examples in our guide on how to come up with a blog name.
Step 2: Set Up Your Fashion Blog
Every blog needs three elements:
- A unique domain name: This is what people type into their web browser to find your blog, like blogtyrant.com. It’s usually the same as your blog name and should be easy to say and type. Learn more about choosing the best domain name here.
- A reliable web host: This is where all the files, images, and content are stored. Companies like Bluehost make it easy to set up your account and blog.
- A blogging platform: This is the software you use to write and publish your blogs, add the design and layout to your site, and more. We recommend WordPress, which powers 35% of the web, including big names like Adobe, Microsoft, Rolling Stone, and more. It’s easy to use, flexible, and offers a wide variety of customizations with themes and plugins.
Many aspiring fashion bloggers get stuck at this stage because you don’t want to pay for a hosting company,
This article was written by Julia and originally published on Blog Tyrant.