- By Dianna Gunn
- February 6, 2021
Affiliate marketing programs are excellent tools for encouraging customers and influencers to recommend your brand. This technology used to only be available to large companies like Amazon, but the top WordPress affiliate plugins make running an affiliate program accessible to anyone with a WordPress site.
In this article, I’ll explore:
- Why affiliate marketing programs work
- What makes a good WordPress affiliate plugin
- The 6 top WordPress affiliate plugins
- How to choose the best option for your business
By the end of this guide, you’ll be ready to start working with an affiliate marketing plugin.
Why affiliate marketing programs work
Affiliate marketing programs turn customers and reviewers into sales representatives with a commission-based system. Every sale through their affiliate link earns them a small portion of the profits. This gives them a financial incentive to recommend your work passionately and often.
Affiliate marketing is also a massive industry, accounting for 15% of all digital revenue and over 16% of all ecommerce sales in the US and Canada. Many blogs, review sites, and influencers rely on this type of marketing for some or all of their income. And as one of the best ways to earn passive income, affiliate marketing draws thousands of new marketers in every day. In fact, the industry is set to grow by 10% over the next few years.
In other words, affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to harness the power of your audience for increased sales.
What makes a good WordPress affiliate plugin
The primary thing to look for in an affiliate plugin is ease of use. You shouldn’t need to learn code or convoluted processes to perform basic functions. Once set up, the plugin should operate the whole affiliate program, with your main duty being to find affiliates.
Look for an affiliate plugin that makes it easy to perform the following tasks:
- Customize the commission rate affiliates receive
- Create affiliate links
- Manage affiliate links
- Build shareable referral links
- Track sales and conversions made through your affiliate program + top affiliate campaigns
- Easily add affiliate links to your posts and pages
- Create an easy-to-use affiliate portal where marketers can find links and details of the affiliate program agreement
- Offer a referral link generator in the affiliate portal
- Track referrals
- Set up automated payouts for affiliates
- Customize emails affiliates receive when they apply for/are accepted to your affiliate program
Some affiliate plugins might also offer advanced features, like the ability to create multiple affiliate
This article was written by Dianna Gunn and originally published on WinningWP.