- Sufficient storage – you don’t want to be limited by low storage allowance. It would put a hard cap on how many videos you can host and of what quality.
- Video upload specifications – min and max dimensions, file size and types, aspect ratio, video length and total file storage.
- Bandwidth – high bandwidth with flawless adaptive streaming. This detects end user’s internet connection and broadcasts the optimum quality.
- Transcoding into different file formats – to suit different bandwidths and playback devices.
- In-built video CMS – allows to store and access videos securely.
- API – to integrate third party tools and programs.
- Customization options – option to customize your HTML video player and embed the live stream directly on your website or social media channels.
- Monetization options – options to monetize your video library in multiple ways.
- Data security – that allows secure upload and transmission. This includes password protection, domain restrictions, geographical restrictions, and digital rights management.
- Lead generation, video analytics, and video SEO. Also, features to enhance conversion like in-video CTAs.
While choosing a video streaming provider, do remember that you have more control over your video content with the paid services.
👉 On to our list of best video streaming providers:
Best streaming video providers of 2022
Vimeo is a professional, ad-free video platform to create and promote branded videos. Using licensed stock footage and thousands of professionally designed templates, you can create ads, campaigns, training material or any other video.
⚙️ Key features:
- A video library to organize and share videos, with privacy and sharing settings.
- Video player that supports 4K, HDR and Dolby vision.
- In-video CTAs, overlays and shoppable hotspots, or custom forms for lead capture.
- An option to conduct virtual events and webinars with features to generate leads like attendee registration, live Q&As, polls and chats.
- Options to earn revenue from pay-per-view, video-on-demand, subscriptions, events, online classes, premium video websites, coupons and gifts. You can collect payment in 100+ currencies from around the world.
- Built-in review tools for consolidating feedback.
- A video analytics dashboard to measure social engagement, to track views, social analytics and video SEO.
Vimeo has a free plan, with a free trial for their premium packages (billed annually). The Starter Plan
This article was written by Priya and originally published on CodeinWP.