👉 Today, we’ll make this clearer. First, we’ll talk about what a niche actually is, and then we’ll list 50 (or so) topics for bloggers that can score high in popularity 📈 and offer scope for profits.
What is a niche?
In the blogging world, a niche refers to the single area of content you’ll focus on catering to a distinct audience.
Generally, blogs attract readership from very specific groups of people – for instance, architects, local residents, beach walkers, coffee enthusiasts, and so on. What’s important is that your blog’s readership won’t comprise “everyone,” so you shouldn’t even expect your content to be interesting to all groups of people. Instead, you need to niche down!
The importance of choosing the right niche
Niching down means to narrow down the range of topics you blog about to only focus on the things that a small group of people will be interested in.
👉 Picking a niche that’s unique gives you the following advantages:
- You establish authority on a narrow but specific topic, and readers looking for information about it will associate you with quality information
- It’s easier to focus on your passion and not be distracted by competition if you cover only a small range of topics
- You’ll find it easier to create unique content, and you’ll be able to go into it more deeply
- Selling to a targeted audience is easier, and you can make good money from a blog like that if you get things right.
How to find the best topics for bloggers
If you’ve niched down and already have some ideas on what you could write about, then you’re lucky! From there, you simply have to start a blog and begin to create content . You’re more likely to stay motivated to write and be able to make money from it.
If you still need a bit more help though, then don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We’re first going to list some factors that are worth paying attention to when picking the topics for your blog, and then we’ll give you a ready-made list of the best topics for bloggers you can use right away.
👉 There are four main ways to come up with blog topics:
- Focus on what’s popular and trending. You surely have a social media account. Did you know you can also use it for research and not just looking up yet another cat video? Check out what people in your niche talk about and write a blog post discussing the most common issues.
- Do some soul searching and recall a list of things you pondered for a while in relation to your niche. Maybe there’s a problem that’s been surfacing every once in a while that you want to discuss with other people? Or some interesting solution you found to your own challenge a while back?
- Do keyword research. Use any of these tools to find the top keywords in your niche.
- See what the competition is doing. Browse through other industry blogs and see if you have any better takes on the topics they write
This article was written by Priya and originally published on CodeinWP.