Searching for the best WordPress popup plugin? Popups are a versatile tool that you can use for everything from email opt-ins, to promos, forms, social media, and more. To help you find the best tool for your site, we’ve collected five great WordPress popup plugins, each of which has something unique to offer.
Let’s dig in and then I’ll help you pick the right tool for your site at the end.
Best WordPress Popup Plugins in 2020
1. Elementor Pro (Popup Builder)
Elementor is the most popular WordPress page builder plugin. But while it started as a page builder, Elementor has since expanded into theme building and…popup building!
The benefit of this approach is that Elementor gives you the most flexibility when it comes to the design of your popups.
Basically, you get access to a world-class page builder to design your popups. While some of the other WordPress popup plugins give you nice drag-and-drop interfaces as well, none of them come close to offering what Elementor does.
You can use all of the Elementor widgets, which gives you a good deal of flexibility. For example:
- Form widget – create email opt-in forms or contact forms. Can connect your forms to popular email marketing services, Zapier, or Slack/Discord.
- Login widget – create login popups.
- Share Button widget – create social share popups.
You can also create different popup types including:
- Centered popup
- Full-screen popup
- Notification bar
To display your popups, you get a solid set of targeting/triggering rules including:
- Exit-intent trigger
- WordPress-specific targeting, like targeting logged-in users
The one area where Elementor Popup Builder doesn’t match other tools is analytics and A/B testing. There just aren’t any built-in tools for A/B tests or analytics. So if that’s important to you, you might be better off with another WordPress popup plugin.
- If you value design flexibility, Elementor is probably the best option on this list.
- If you value analytics and
This article was written by Colin Newcomer and originally published on Learn WordPress with WPLift.