People change countries all the time. You may be a student when you started your YouTube channel and AdSense account, and now you have moved to the USA or other countries. Now, you would like to get paid in the other country rather than your home country. This is why you are looking for a solution to change your AdSense country.
In this guide, I will share everything you need to know to change your AdSense payment country so that you save time and get the thing done in no time.
Does AdSense allow changing the country of the AdSense account?
Yes, you can change the country of your AdSense account.
However, when you do that, you lose access to all the old payment history, so make sure you download the old data for book-keeping purposes.
Also, according to the official Google AdSense help guide:
Changing your country will delete all payments history in your old payments profile. If you’d like to transfer any remaining earnings, we can only assist you if your new country is in the same Google contracting entity.
Many of you might be wondering: Isn’t it better to open a second AdSense account?
Well, here are a few important things to know:
- You can’t have more than one AdSense account under the same name.
- However, if you have opened a new entity, you can open an AdSense account under a new payment profile/entity and operate it.
- You can close your existing AdSense account and apply for a new one using a new email. However, I don’t recommend this step.
You can read the official guide on “Close your AdSense account” to learn more about it.
How to change your AdSense country?
If you have understood the nuances of changing the country for your AdSense account, and is ready, follow the steps:
- Head over to this form (An updated link can be found on this page bottom)
- Fill up the form and pick from available reasons for the change of country (Make sure to take back of your AdSense past payment data)
Note: Changing your AdSense country will erase your payments history, and you will only be able to access the payments of your new country profile. Make sure you download any records of your payment history that you wish to store. However, any remaining balance will be paid out through your old country profile.
Note 2: After you change your country, you’ll need to accept new Terms and Conditions when you next sign in to your AdSense account.
Tip: Make sure your AdSense payment is not on hold, and you have withdrawn your earlier payment to your old country bank account.
Over all, Google AdSense offers all the
This article was written by Harsh Agrawal and originally published on ShoutMeLoud.