Coinbase is a leading cryptocurrency exchange.
Launched in 2012, the platform registered its first million users in less than 2 years.
Today, Coinbase has 56 million registered users and processes a trading volume of $335 billion per quarter.
Continue reading to find the latest statistics on Coinbase in 2021.
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll find on this page:
Key Coinbase Stats
- Coinbase has 56 million verified users.
- 6.1 million Coinbase users make at least one transaction per month.
- Coinbase generated $1.28 billion in revenue in 2020. And has already made $1.8 billion in the first 3 months of 2021 alone.
- Trading volume on Coinbase in Q1 2021 was $335 billion.
- 11.3% of the entire crypto market capitalization is held on the Coinbase platform.
How many users does Coinbase have?
Coinbase defines verified users as all retail and institutional users with a registered account and a confirmed email address or phone number.
Coinbase has 56 million verified users. The platform has added 13 million new users over the past 3 months alone.
And Coinbase’s user base has increased by 64.7% since March 2020.
Here’s the full breakdown of Coinbase’s user growth since January 2013:
|Quarter, year||Verified users|
|January 2013||30 thousand|
|March 2013||61 thousand|
|September 2013||277 thousand|
|December 2013||521 thousand|
|March 2014||1.07 million|
|October 2014||1.7 million|
|January 2015||1.9 million|
|July 2015||2.3 million|
|December 2015||2.9 million|
|May 2016|| |
This article was written by Brian Dean and originally published on Backlinko.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the product, We may receive an affiliate commission.