Coinbase is a leading cryptocurrency exchange.
Launched in 2012, the platform registered its first million users in less than 2 years.
Today, Coinbase has 56 million registered users and processes a trading volume of $335 billion per quarter.
Continue reading to find the latest statistics on Coinbase in 2021.
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll find on this page:
Key Coinbase Stats
- Coinbase has 56 million verified users.
- 6.1 million Coinbase users make at least one transaction per month.
- Coinbase generated $1.28 billion in revenue in 2020. And has already made $1.8 billion in the first 3 months of 2021 alone.
- Trading volume on Coinbase in Q1 2021 was $335 billion.
- 11.3% of the entire crypto market capitalization is held on the Coinbase platform.
How many users does Coinbase have?
Coinbase defines verified users as all retail and institutional users with a registered account and a confirmed email address or phone number.
Coinbase has 56 million verified users. The platform has added 13 million new users over the past 3 months alone.
And Coinbase’s user base has increased by 64.7% since March 2020.
Here’s the full breakdown of Coinbase’s user growth since January 2013:
|Quarter, year||Verified users|
|January 2013||30 thousand|
|March 2013||61 thousand|
|September 2013||277 thousand|
|December 2013||521 thousand|
|March 2014||1.07 million|
|October 2014||1.7 million|
|January 2015||1.9 million|
|July 2015||2.3 million|
|December 2015||2.9 million|
|May 2016|| |
This article was written by Brian Dean and originally published on Backlinko.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the product, We may receive an affiliate commission.
Start typing and press enter to search
Scroll to Top