If you publish a lot of content on your WordPress site, a WordPress magazine theme is a great choice to help visitors discover all of your content.
When it comes to WordPress magazine themes, there’s one name that stands out – Newspaper.
With over 93000 sales at ThemeForest, Newspaper is one of the most popular WordPress magazine themes of all time by tagDiv. In fact, it’s one of the most popular WordPress themes, period – you don’t even need the “magazine” qualifier.
In this Newspaper theme review, I’ll take a hands-on look at this popular theme to help you decide whether it’s the right theme for your WordPress site.
- Cover its key features and templates
- Show you how the Newspaper theme works on a live website
- Run some performance tests to give you an idea of how quickly your site will load with Newspaper
Checkout Newspaper Theme Demo
Newspaper Theme Key Features
I’ll cover some of the most important features in more detail later on, but let’s start off with just a quick list of all the features that you get with the Newspaper theme:
- Optimized performance – around 2.2 second load times for a full demo site in my own performance tests.
- 90+ importable demo sites – choose between importing demo content or just demo theme settings.
- Visual, drag-and-drop design – customize demo site templates and build your own designs using the bundled tagDiv Composer page builder for the frontend.
- 1,000+ importable section templates – choose from over 1,000 article and page templates to import to the tagDiv composer.
- Header/footer builder – design your own custom headers or footers.
- Mobile-friendly – you get responsive design, Google AMP support, as well as a bundled (and optional) mobile theme plugin.
- Integrations – Newspaper integrates with WooCommerce, Instagram, bbPress, BuddyPress, and more.
- Built-in banner ad spots – easily insert AdSense or other banner ads on your site. You can also include your own ad placements with the tagDiv Composer.
Who Is the Newspaper Theme For?
A WordPress magazine theme like Newspaper makes a great option for bloggers, news organizations, media publications, or anyone else who publishes a lot of content.
Basically, magazine themes help you showcase large amounts of content, with extra options to feature certain content or categories.
For example, in the default demo site design, you can see how you can use large images to feature your most important posts. Then, visitors can also filter out specific categories of posts in the smaller section below that:
This article was written by Harsh Agrawal and originally published on ShoutMeLoud.