As a WordPress developer, you probably rely on several tools to manage your clients’ websites. Google products have long been a go-to for webmasters, helping with everything from Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to analytics reports. However, manually pulling information that’s spread across multiple platforms isn’t efficient.
Fortunately, there’s now a better way to compile these reports. Thanks to the new Google Site Kit plugin, tracking, monitoring, and analyzing data for your WordPress sites is easier than ever. It lets you gain meaningful insights from your favorite Google tools in a single dashboard.
In this post, we’ll explain what Google Site Kit is and how it works. Then we’ll provide you with four tips for using it as a developer. Let’s get started!
Site Kit is Google’s official plugin, which is now available for free in the WordPress Plugin Directory:
This all-in-one tool lets you aggregate and integrates data from Google’s major products directly into your WordPress dashboard. It eliminates the need for separate plugins for each platform or to leave your site altogether to view key information.
Site Kit supports the six most popular Google tools, including:
- Search Console: Shows how sites appear in search results as well as impressions and Click-Through Rates (CTRs) for specific pages.
- Analytics: Monitors who visit your site, which pages they view, and other essential user behavior.
- AdSense: Keeps track of how your site’s ad revenue.
- PageSpeed Insights: Measures your WordPress site’s performance and suggests actions you can take to improve it.
- Tag Manager: Sets up tags on your WordPress site without requiring you to edit any code.
- Optimize: Configures your site for A/B testing.
After you install Site Kit and connect it with these services, you’ll be able to view data from your WordPress dashboard in easy-to-understand charts. However, note that while the plugin integrates the scripts of Tag Manager and Optimize, you’ll still need to visit these platforms to manage your tags and conduct A/B testing.
How to install and set up Google Site Kit
One of the benefits of Site Kit is its ease of installation. You can get it up and running remarkably quickly. After you activate it, you’ll be prompted to authorize it with your Google Account, which you can do by clicking on the Start Setup button:
This article was written by Will Morris and originally published on ManageWP.