Are you looking for an easy tutorial on how to start a personal blog? Your search ends here.
Starting a personal blog has its own advantages such as;
- It helps you build a brand
- It helps you promote your business
- It drives long-term results
- It helps you share your ideas, knowledge and more
There are millions of blogs out there and everybody is trying hard to build successful blogs.
So if you’re planning to start a personal from scratch, this guide is for you where you’ll learn;
- How to start a personal blog on a limited budget
- Essential tools you need to build a better blog
- 5 things to do after launching your personal blog and many more
Are you ready to find them out? Let’s jump into the details.
How to Start A Personal Blog on A Small Budget?
First things first: you need to pick a blogging platform to create a personal blog.
There are plenty of free blogging sites you can use to start your own personal blog including;
But… we HIGHLY recommend a self-hosted WordPress platform.
Why? A self-hosted WordPress platform gives you the following benefits.
- You’ll get 100% control over your personal blogs as you’ll be purchasing web hosting to host your own blog
- Offers full customization as you get access to tons of plugins and themes
- It’s SEO-friendly
- Offers a great community support
- No programming experience is needed as you can build a personal blog within a few minutes
Whether you know it or not, WordPress is the #1 CMS (Content Management System) in the world.
41% of the web uses WordPress including the biggest brands like TechCrunch, The New Yorker, Sony Music, BBC America, and more.
To create a blog on a self-hosted WordPress platform, you need web hosting.
So let’s start with that and then we’ll cover everything else you need to start a personal blog.
Purchase Web Hosting
For personal blogs, you don’t need expensive hosting options.
So what’s the best hosting choice for personal blogs?
Hostinger is the most affordable hosting provider that powers over 29 million websites worldwide. Their pricing plans start only at $1.39 per month.
Important: If you want to get an additional discount on Hostinger hosting plans, make sure to use the special promo code ANILAGARWAL at the product checkout page. You’ll get the following discounted rates with the coupon.
- Single Shared Hosting $1.29 per month (with 86% discount)
- Premium Shared Hosting $2.40 per month (with 76% discount)
- Business Shared Hosting $3.71 per month (with 76% discount)
This article was written by Anil Agarwal and originally published on BloggersPassion: Learn Blogging & SEO from Anil Agarwal.