The future of eCommerce looks incredibly bright. With more than one million products being sold online on a daily basis, sales volume has increased by more than 20%, and by 2021, the revenues generated by eCommerce are expected to reach about $5 trillion!
However, more growth also means fiercer competition, with a number of e-stores offering the same or similar products at lower prices and outstanding customer experience. So, in order to stay competitive, you need to begin improving all the aspects of your eCommerce business.
In this post, we’re offering 5 technical tips that will help you attract more new customers, improve customer satisfaction, enhance brand awareness, and boost sales.
1. Make Your Website User-Friendly
The first thing you need to think of is how to improve the user experience for your website visitors. The most important aspects to focus on are:
- Use a WordPress search plugin to improve your site’s search experience;
- Classifying products under related categories and subcategories;
- Increasing the loading speed for all pages;
- Making sure customers need fewer clicks to reach the desired pages;
- Creating an appealing interface relying on color psychology in your web design;
- Suggesting related products on every product page;
- Adding live chat in order to help customers through their shopping journey;
- Adding a “Contact us” page containing all contact information and communication channels (phone, email, live chat);
- Adding an FAQ page offering answers to most common customer questions;
- Adding social media login options and an easy signup process;
- Adding social media account icons to the site along with links leading to them.
2. Go Mobile
At the moment, most search queries and online store visits are done via mobile devices. This comes as no surprise, considering that people spend more than three hours a day on their smartphones.
That’s why you need to make sure that your eCommerce website is optimized for mobile with responsive design. In addition, you need to test your navigation and shopping experience, beginning from exploring product pages to closing purchases on the checkout page.
But while having a responsive website is essential, developing a mobile app for your eCommerce business is something that could give you a powerful competitive advantage.
Considering the fact that about 70% of all online shopping activity is done through mobile, having a professional mobile app is a great way to add another easy-to-access platform where customers can explore your products, offers, and communicate with your business representatives.
And the best part is – building a mobile app is now easier than ever. All you need to do is use a good app maker with a simple drag and drop interface and produce your own branded retail app in no time!
3. Optimize for SEO
SEO provides a great opportunity for retailers to reach higher
This article was written by Editorial Staff and originally published on WPArena.