- Is it jQuery?
- Is it from third-party code?
- Is it from your page builder?
You should also look at your third-party code report which we’ll get into in the 3rd tip.
This is typically done using asset unloading plugins like Asset CleanUp or Perfmatters (I wrote a comparison of the two, but I personally use Perfmatters).
Depending on which plugin you choose, enable test mode in Asset CleanUp or the script manager in Perfmatters.
- Disable slider plugins everywhere but pages that use sliders.
- Disable contact form plugin everywhere but pages with forms.
- Disable plugins that are only on the blog “everywhere but posts.”
- Disable page builder features if you’re not using it (see image below).
Open your “third-party code” report in PageSpeed Insights and look at each third-party domain’s
This article was written by Tom Dupuis and originally published on Tom Dupuis.