Can you use an AI chatbot like ChatGPT for SEO?
Yes, you can.
ChatGPT uses GPT (Generative Pretrained Transformer) to understand the context and generates human-like text.
Whether you’re a website owner or running an online business to boost your site’s SEO, ChatGPT is just for you.
ChatGPT can be used in various SEO tasks including;
- Keyword research
- Content writing
- Website SEO strategy
- Generate titles and descriptions
- Create FAQs and much more
In this free guide, you’ll discover the following;
- How to use ChatGPT for SEO to grow your search rankings
- Real-life examples
- The best alternative to ChatGPT and much more
Are you ready? Let’s jump into the details without much ado.
ChatGPT for SEO: 5 Ways You Can Use It for SEO in 2023
1. Keyword research
No matter your industry, keyword research is the FOUNDATION of your website’s SEO success.
Yes, there are tons of tools out there but ChatGPT is a powerful tool to generate keywords in ANY niche.
Here are some examples of using ChatGPT for keyword research.
Prompt: Suggest long-tail, high-volume, low-difficulty keywords for [topic of interest] as if you’re an SEO.
See that? It instantly generated twenty amazing keyword ideas around the topic.
Here’s another example of generating tons of relevant keyword ideas around ANY topic you want.
As you can see, ChatGPT can instantly generate keyword ideas for any website, topic, and industry.
Here are a few useful prompts you can use for keyword research;
- Identify the top keywords related to the topic [X]. Gather data on search volume, competition, and related keywords.
- You’re an SEO expert; suggest high-volume, low-difficulty keywords for [topic X]
- Create a table of the top competitors for [Topic X] and their URLs
- Give me a list of top 10 keyword ideas for [Topic X], show 4-word keywords
2. Content creation
Most SEOs and website owners use AI tools like ChatGPT for content creation.
You can use it for many content creation tasks, such as;
- Outlining a topic
- Creating content briefs
- Creating paragraphs
- Rewriting existing content
- Generating an entire blog post and the list goes on
Let’s see some real-world examples of using ChatGPT for creating content.
You can use a simple prompt like “create an outline for topic [X]” to get ideas on what to include in a blog post.
Here’s an example;
You can use it to write blog posts.
Have a look;
As you can see, it can instantly generate blog posts for you on ANY topic. The output depends on what prompts you use. So make it compelling and as detailed as possible to get better responses from ChatGPT.
You can also use it to improve (or rewrite) the existing text or paragraphs.
Here’s an example prompt with the output;
See that? It can rewrite the entire text or paragraphs effortlessly.
All in all, ChatGPT is an essential tool for anyone who wants to create content faster.
If you plan to use ChatGPT for content creation, keep the following in mind.
- Don’t use the EXACT output generated by ChatGPT (as these tools mostly generate duplicate content). You should always proofread, add your own stuff and use ChatGPT as a writing assistant to create quality content.
- Try other alternative tools as well, such as Google Bard and Jasper AI, and see what works best for you.
- Learn how to write BETTER prompts. The output depends on the input you provide.
Here are some useful prompts for creating content with ChatGPT;
- Generate unique and engaging blog post ideas about [topic/industry]. Aim for a mix of how-tos, listicles, and in-depth analysis. Provide at least ten ideas.
- Revise and expand upon the product description for [topic X]. Highlight its features, benefits, and real-world applications in about 300 words.
- Create attention-grabbing captions for social media posts showcasing [topic X]. Each caption should be under 150 characters.
3. Technical SEO
One of the biggest benefits of ChatGPT is that it helps you with technical SEO.
Let’s say you want to block search engines to crawl and pass any link authority a specific page on your website.
You can use the following prompt and ChatGPT will instantly create the necessary code for you.
As you can see, ChatGPT not only generates the required HTML codes to be included, but it also tells you what those codes do and where to put those codes within your website.
Isn’t it impressive?
You can use ChatGPT to create an XML sitemap.
Have a look;
You can use it for technical SEO recommendations of ANY website.
Here are some useful prompts for doing technical SEO with ChatGPT;
- Provide a comprehensive checklist for conducting a technical SEO audit on a website [URL]. Include key areas such as site speed, mobile-friendliness, URL structure, indexability, schema markup, etc.
- Provide a step-by-step guide to optimize my website [URL] speed for better SEO performance.
- Diagnose and offer solutions for a website experiencing crawling and indexing issues.
4. General SEO
You can use ChatGPT for many generate SEO use cases such as;
- Creating email outreach templates
- Creating a website strategy
- Competitor analysis and much more
Let’s discuss a few of such real-life use cases with ChatGPT.
Email outreach is one of the most important aspects of SEO.
Email outreach can build relationships, backlinks, sales, and more. If you’re struggling to craft compelling outreach emails, ChatGPT can help you with that.
For example, we can ask ChatGPT to generate an email template for link building purposes.
Have a look at what it generated;
As you can see, the output is personal and doesn’t look spammy! You can make some small changes and you’re ready to go.
Let’s take another example with the following prompt.
“I want you to act as an SEO expert. My request is, “I need help developing an SEO strategy for my website [URL].”
Let’s find out what it generates;
See that? ChatGPT instantly created an SEO strategy for our website. Similarly, you can use ChatGPT for almost ANY general SEO purpose.
Similarly, if you want to find your competitors’ sites, you can use the following prompt.
Prompt: Recommend X popular blogs about [niche] that cover [topic] and their URLs in a table.
Here’s the output generated by ChatGPT;
See that? It generated what we asked for within a few seconds.
5. Generate titles and descriptions
Organic CTR (Click-through rate) is the KEY when it comes to generating more clicks from Google.
What matters MOST when it comes to improving your organic CTR?
If you said meta titles and descriptions, you’re absolutely right.
With ChatGPT, you can easily create captivating titles and descriptions for your blog posts and web pages.
Here’s an example of an SEO title.
As you can see, it instantly created multiple versions of titles by taking our prompt input into consideration. You can try several more prompts to experiment with what works best for you.
Here’s an example of a meta description;
ChatGPT created a vague (with a professional tone) meta description in the above example. We simply added another prompt (to make it conversational), and it instantly generated a compelling description.
Add your own touch even if you’re using ChatGPT for titles and descriptions. You can add a few more power words or include a keyword to make them even more compelling.
Here are some prompts you can use for titles and descriptions.
- Write 5 enticing titles for [keyword X]
- Give me 3 variations of powerful meta descriptions for [Topic X]
Jasper AI: The BEST Alternative to Rank Higher In Google
Yes, ChatGPT is an excellent AI tool for SEO enthusiasts.
But it has many limitations.
If you’re looking to boost your search rankings and looking for a powerful tool for content creation, you can try Jasper AI.
It offers over 50 templates that you can use for SEO and content creation.
Here’s an example of creating a compelling paragraph;
As you can see above, we gave just a simple prompt: “How to use ChatGPT for SEO,” and Jasper instantly created multiple versions of paragraphs relevant to the prompt.
If you’re unhappy, you can generate as many outputs as you want. You can also use all the filters like;
- Keywords to include
- Tone of voice
- Input language and more
The above filters can help Jasper understand the context better, which ultimately helps you with better output.
You can read our Jasper AI review to know how to use it for SEO purposes.
Why is Jasper better than ChatGPT?
Here are some of the benefits of using Jasper AI for SEO and content creation.
- You can create anything with it, including social media captions, emails, blog posts, and more
- Jasper offers 50+ copywriting templates to create almost everything, and it supports 30+ languages
- It offers a browser extension, “Jasper Everywhere,” which keeps Jasper by your side and it can be helpful while writing anything online
- You can invite collaborators to edit your work
- It uses OpenAI’s GPT-4, Anthropic and Google models – so the output is MUCH better than ChatGPT.
- It offers an in-built grammar correction tool
- Above all, Jasper has 99.99% uptime (unlike ChatGPT which goes offline when there’s peak usage)
- Unlike ChatGPT, Jasper AI gives you up-to-date information and data straight from Google.
How much does Jasper cost?
Jasper offers the following pricing plans.
- Creator plan costs $39 per month and you’ll get access to SEO mode, 50+ templates, 1 user seat, and more
- Teams plan costs $99 per month and you’ll get collaboration access, 3 user seats, etc.
- Business plan offers custom pricing depending on your content and SEO needs
So what are you waiting for?
Try Jasper 7-Day Free Trial!
FAQs | How to Use ChatGPT for SEO
Here are some questions people often ask about ChatGPT SEO.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI tool developed by OpenAI, which uses deep machine learning to understand user input and generate human-like text. It can be used for MANY purposes, including customer support, text translation, content creation, and more.
Can you use ChatGPT for SEO?
Yes, you can use ChatGPT for various SEO purposes, including;
– Brainstorming content ideas
– Creating content
– Content curation
– Content research, creating an SEO strategy for your websites, and more
What is the best way to use ChatGPT for SEO?
The best way to use ChatGPT for SEO is to create new topic ideas and content. However, always review and edit the content generated by ChatGPT, as it’s NOT an accurate tool.
How do I write SEO-friendly content using ChatGPT?
You can use ChatGPT to find relevant keywords around the content you create. It can also help you outline your posts, help with better optimization, FAQs, and more.
Which is a better alternative to ChatGPT?
Google Bard and Jasper AI are two of the best alternatives to ChatGPT. The content generated by these tools is far superior to ChatGPT. However, ChatGPT Plus (paid version) creates better output when compared to its free version, as it uses GPT-4.
Final thoughts on ChatGPT SEO strategy
ChatGPT is a powerful tool for creating content, optimizing existing content, and improving overall traffic.
The options are limitless, as you can use ChatGPT for anything ranging from keyword research to outlining content to generating full-length blog posts.
What are your thoughts on using ChatGPT for SEO? Are you already using it? Did you find this guide helpful? If you’ve any questions, let us know in the comments.
Keep reading the article at BloggersPassion: Learn Blogging & SEO from Anil Agarwal. The article was originally written by Anil Agarwal on 2023-08-26 01:32:00.
The article was hand-picked and curated for you by the Editorial Team of WP Archives.