Trying to figure out the best digital products to sell online? ?
While many people focus on display ads and affiliate marketing as website monetization strategies, selling digital products has rapidly grown to become one of the most lucrative ways to monetize your website.
You can use digital products as a standalone strategy or you can combine them with display ads and affiliate marketing to build diverse revenue streams.
But what are the best digital products to sell online?
➡️ In this post, we’re going to share a bunch of ideas, including looking at the most popular types of digital products as well as some unique ideas that you won’t see everywhere else.
The most popular digital products to sell online (based on data)
According to data from merchants using Easy Digital Downloads (a platform for selling exclusively digital items), these are the most popular digital products to sell online:
- eBooks ?
- Software ?
- Applications ?
- Digital artwork and graphics ?
- Templates for cloud design platforms ☁️
- Fonts ✍️
- Audio clips and music ?
- Photography ?
- Video ?
- Documents ?
- Spreadsheets (e.g. a Sheets document to achieve some goal) ?
- Courses ??
- Professional services ?
- Tickets ?
So, that gives you an idea of the general areas in which creators make money with digital products online.
But is that enough information? Not really.
We know any old eBook won’t sell well; photography is an incredibly tough market; software could range from anything from B2B content management to golf course tee sheet software.
So, where do you start?
The most unique, high-profit digital products to sell online
Well, that list from Easy Digital Downloads is a wonderful place to begin, but we must dig deeper.
That’s why, in this article, we’re taking it beyond general “categories” and “product types” to explore some unique, high-profit, in-demand digital products to sell online.
In fact, we have tried to ensure that each digital product in our list has the following characteristics:
- Requires special knowledge, but is easy enough for most creators to become experts.
- Unique (not just the usual “how to make money online” eBook)
- High-demand (is there an industry or group of hobbyists that always needs a particular digital product?)
- Problem-solving (since it’s much easier to sell digital products that solve problems than it is to sell entertainment)
1. Photo-oriented eBooks about health, diets, or pets
One way to stand out in a crowded eBook market is by creating visually beautiful books that incorporate heavy usage of photos, illustrations, or graphic designs.
These visually oriented eBooks usually require multiple skills and, therefore, don’t have as many people competing
This article was written by Joe Warnimont and originally published on ThemeIsle Blog.