Managing a WordPress Multisite network can be a lot of work, but it doesn’t have to be if you have the right tools.
But what are the best tools for Multisite?
There’s always a lot of discussion on the WPMU DEV forums about this very topic, so I asked our support crew and developers what plugins they recommend people install on their network.
Whether you’re new to running a Multisite network or have been hosting your own network for some time, you’re sure to find many of the plugins below (in no particular order) useful for managing your sites.
What plugins do you find essential for your Multisite network? Tell us in the comments below.
Enhance your Network Admin dashboard with this handy plugin. It adds a number of subtle enhancements to your admin interface that will help you get more information at a glance. Here are some of the plugin’s main features:
- Adds an Add New link under the Plugins menu.
- On the Plugins panel, it shows which sites have a particular plugin active
- On the Themes panel, it shows which theme is active on which sites.
- Add Favicons to easily identify the subsites in the admin area, and in My Sites menu.
- Removes the WordPress logo and its menu from the admin bar.
- Quickly view RAM usage, SQL version, PHP version, and other server details in the footer.
This article was written by Raelene Morey and originally published on WPMU DEV Blog.