Are you looking for alternatives to the Google AdWords Keyword Planner?
This post is exclusively for you, where you’ll find a handpicked list of SEVEN excellent tools.
Google AdWords Keyword Planner is an excellent tool for researching keywords. But what if you’re NOT happy with it and looking for alternatives?
When it comes to finding keywords for your blog or website, the Google Keyword Planner is the first tool MOST people use.
Why? It’s free and developed by Google.
However, there are many drawbacks with Google’s Keyword Planner, including no broad or phrase searches, no device targeting, etc.
Fortunately, there are a few alternatives to Keyword Planner that you can use to get accurate data and better keyword suggestions.
In this post, you’ll discover;
- Best alternatives to AdWords keyword tool
- Specific keyword features of each of those tools
- Pricing of the tools and more
So are you ready to find them out? Let’s get started.
7 BEST Google Keyword Planner Alternatives to Use in 2022
Semrush is one of the MOST popular Google Keyword Planner alternatives used by over 7 million people worldwide.
Semrush offers a wide range of features, including site audits, competitor analysis, keyword research, backlink analytics, etc., that can help you improve your website’s search engine ranking and visibility.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one SEO toolkit to boost your search rankings, Semrush is an excellent choice.
Keyword Magic Tool from Semrush
Semrush offers an exclusive keyword research tool called Keyword Magic tool, which has a database of over 20 billion keywords. No matter what industry you’re in, you can use their keyword tool to find hundreds (if not thousands) of keyword suggestions.
Once you’re on the keyword magic tool on Semrush, enter any keyword, pick your country (where your target audiences are), and hit the search button. It instantly gives you a ton of keyword suggestions.
Here’s what it looks like;
As you can see above, you’ll get information like;
- Related keywords (for the above example keyword “SEO tools,” the tool is showing us over 6800 keyword suggestions)
- Question-based keywords
- Phrase match keywords, broad match keywords, exact match keywords
- Keyword intent
- Search volume of each keyword, trend, keyword difficulty, and more
Read our unbiased Semrush review to find more details about this tool.
Semrush Pricing: Semrush offers you three pricing plans which are mentioned below.
1. Pro plan: This is perfect for beginners and bloggers looking for an affordable plan from Semrush. It costs you $119.95 per month, and you’ll get 10,000 results per report, 3000 reports per day, create up to 5 projects, track up to 500 keywords, and 100,000 pages to crawl.
2. Guru plan: This plan is excellent for in-house teams and small businesses, which costs you $229.95 per month where you’ll get 30,000 results per report, 5000 reports per day, create up to 15 projects, track up to 1500 keywords and 300,000 pages to crawl along with branded PDF reports and historical data.
3. Business plan: This plan is great for large businesses and agencies, which costs you $449.95 per month where you’ll get 50,000 results per report, 10,000 reports per day, create up to 40 projects, track up to 6000 keywords and 1,000,000 pages to crawl along with branded PDF reports and historical data.
Want to try Semrush for FREE?
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly SEO toolkit to grow your organic traffic, you should check Serpstat.
SEO Keyword Research tool from Serpstat
If you’re looking for a specific keyword research tool, Serpstat offers the SEO Keyword Research tool, which has a HUGE database of 6+ billion keywords.
SEO Keyword Research tool from Serpstat helps you pick the right keywords for your target audience. It currently has a database of 6.3 billion keywords and 3.98 billion search suggestions for Google and Yandex search engines.
Once you’re on the tool, enter any keyword of your choice, and it will generate a ton of keyword suggestions for you.
Have a look;
As you can see above, Serpstat’s keyword research tool shows you;
- List of all the relevant keyword suggestions
- Keyword difficulty
- Search volume of each keyword
- CPC and PPC competition of keywords and much more
Serpstat Pricing: Serpstat offers the following four pricing packages.
1. Lite plan: This is the cheapest plan from Serpstat, which costs you just $69 per month, and you’ll get 4,000 queries per day and 10,000 results per report. With this plan, only one user can access your account.
2. Standard plan: This plan costs $149 per month and includes everything from the ‘Lite’ plan, and you’ll get 5,000 queries per day and 30,000 results per report. With this plan, you can add up to three team members to your account.
3. Advanced plan: This plan costs $299 per month and includes everything from the ‘Standard’ plan, and you’ll get 8,000 queries per day and 50,000 results per report. With this plan, you can add up to five team members to your account.
4. Enterprise plan: This plan is best suited for large enterprises, costing $499 per month, and includes everything from the ‘Advanced’ plan; you’ll get 12,000 queries per day and 75,000 results per report. With this plan, you can add up to seven team members to your account.
So what are you waiting for? Use promo code bloggerspassion_2022 to grab the Serpstat 7 days free trial using the following link.
3. Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO is one of the best alternatives to Google keyword planner, which helps you optimize the website for search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
One of the essential benefits of Surfer SEO is making sure that the website’s content is both relevant and valuable to your website audience.
Using Surfer SEO, you can generate content plans for any domain, create high-quality content and optimize your content to get better rankings in search engines.
Keyword Surfer from Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO offers an exclusive FREE browser extension called Keyword Surfer, which you can be used to find new keyword ideas.
Here’s the example;
As you can see above, for every new search in Google, you’ll discover keyword data including;
- Related keywords
- Search volume
- Visibility metrics
- On-page data, and more
You can read our in-depth Surfer SEO review to find more details about this amazing tool.
Surfer SEO pricing: Keyword Surfer from Surfer SEO is free to use, and it comes as a Chrome browser extension. But if you need to unlock all the Surfer SEO features, it provides the following three pricing packages.
1. Basic plan: This plan costs you just $49 per month and offers you ten content editors per month, 20 audits per month, and free NLP for the first month.
2. Pro plan: This plan costs you $99 per month and offers 30 content editors per month,60 audits per month, NLP, and you can add up to 3 team members.
3. Business plan: This plan costs you $199 per month and offers 70 content editors per month, 140 audits per month, NLP, and you can add up to 10 team members.
Use the following link to grab its Chrome version for FREE.
Try Keyword Surfer for FREE
Want to try Surfer SEO tools instead?
Ahrefs is a powerful SEO tool that allows you to research keywords and track your website’s rankings for those keywords.
You can also use it to find backlinks to your website and spy on your competition’s SEO strategies.
It’s an essential tool for online marketers and business owners who want to improve their website’s search engine rankings.
Keywords Explorer from Ahrefs
Ahrefs offers an exclusive keyword tool called Keywords Explorer, which has a database of over 7 billion keywords.
Once you’re on the tool, enter any keyword, choose a database, and hit enter to get a huge keyword data that looks like this;
As shown above, you’ll get a ton of information like;
- Keyword difficulty
- Search volume
- Clicks and CPC
- Related keyword ideas and many more
Ahrefs pricing: Ahrefs offers the following four pricing packages.
1. Lite plan: This plan costs you $99 per month and gives you access to 1 user where you can add up to 5 projects. You’ll get 10,000 crawl credits and track up to 500 keywords.
2. Standard plan: This plan costs you $179 per month and gives you access to 1 user where you can add up to 10 projects. You’ll get 500,000 crawl credits and track up to 1500 keywords.
3. Advanced plan: This plan costs you $399 per month and gives you access to 3 users where you can add up to 25 projects. You’ll get 1.25 million crawl credits and track up to 5000 keywords.
4. Agency plan: This plan costs you $999 per month and gives you access to 5 users where you can add up to 100 projects. You’ll get 12.5 million crawl credits and track up to 10,000 keywords.
Moz is an all-in-one SEO toolset developed by SEO experts which helps you increase your website’s visibility, rankings, and sales.
Moz is one of the better Google keyword planner alternatives that offer a wide range of SEO tools including keyword research, technical site audits, daily tracking, SEO insights, and more.
Keyword Explorer from Moz Pro
Moz offers an SEO keyword research tool that gives you access to over 500 million keywords.
Using their keyword research tool, you can easily create Keyword Lists that help you manage your topics and prioritize keywords by different metrics.
Once you’re on the tool, simply enter a URL or keyword to discover amazing keyword ideas.
Have a look;
As shown above, you’ll get in-depth keyword data which includes;
- The monthly volume of the keywords
- Keyword difficulty (estimates how difficult it is to rank for a keyword)
- Organic CTR
- Keyword suggestions
- SERP analysis
Moz Pricing: Moz Pro offers the following four pricing packages.
1. Standard plan: This plan costs you $79 per month (if billed annually) where you can add up to 3 campaigns, track up to 300 keyword rankings, perform 150 keyword queries per month, add one user seat with unlimited scheduled reports.
2. Medium plan: This plan costs you $143 per month (if billed annually) where you can add ten campaigns, track 1500 keyword rankings, perform 5000 keyword queries per month, add two user seats with unlimited scheduled and branded reports.
3. Large plan: This plan costs you $239 per month (if billed annually) where you can add 25 campaigns, track 3000 keyword rankings, perform 15,000 keyword queries per month, add three user seats with unlimited scheduled and branded reports.
4. Premium: This plan costs you $479 per month (if billed annually) where you can add 50 campaigns, track 4500 keyword rankings, perform 30,000 keyword queries per month, add five user seats with unlimited scheduled and branded reports.
You can use the following link to grab their tool for free.
Are you looking for a 100% free alternative to Google AdWords Keyword Planner? Then, WordStream is just for you.
You can simply enter a keyword or website URL to find hundreds of keyword suggestions for FREE. You can identify new keywords in search engines including Google Ads and Bing Ads.
Free Keyword Suggestion Tool from WordStream
WordStream offers a free keyword suggestion tool that provides in-depth and accurate keyword suggestions, search volume, and more.
Here’s an example;
As you can see above, for our example keyword “search engine marketing”, WordStream is offering a wide range of keyword suggestions along with important metrics such as;
- Search volume
- Bing search volume, CPC, etc
WordStream Pricing: WordStream offers a 100% free keyword research tool.
If you’re looking for a free Google keyword planner alternative, you should try KeywordTool.io.
With the free version of Keyword Tool, you can quickly generate up to 750+ long-tail keywords. It uses the Google Autocomplete feature to provide keyword suggestions for you.
The best part of using KeywordTool.io is you can try it for free without even creating an account.
Keyword research tool from KeywordTool.io
KeywordTool.io can be used to find dozens of long-tail keywords in ANY niche. Enter any keyword of your choice, and it will generate thousands of keywords along with search volume data.
Here’s what it looks like;
As shown above, you’ll get keyword data like;
- Related keyword suggestions
- Search volume
- Keywords trend
- Competition of the keywords
- Question-based keywords and more
KeywordTool.io Pricing: KeywordTool.io offers a free plan but with limited features. If you want to unlock all the features, go with their Pro version, which provides three pricing plans.
1. Basic plan: This is the starter plan which costs you $69 per month (billed annually), where you can get bulk search volume analysis of 7,000 keywords per day, add one user, and get 2x more keywords than the free plan.
2. Plus plan: This plan costs you $79 per month (billed annually) where you can get bulk search volume analysis of 35,000 keywords per day, add five users, and get 2x more keywords than the free plan along with CPC and Google Ads Competition data.
3. Business plan: costs you $159 per month (billed annually) where you can get bulk search volume analysis of 70,000 keywords per day, add ten users and get 2x more keywords than the free plan along with CPC and Google Ads Competition data.
What’s our recommendation?
If you’re looking for free alternatives to Google keyword planner, you have the following options;
- WordStream (100% free)
- Keyword Surfer (free browser extension for Chrome)
- Ubersuggest (freemium)
- KeywordToo.io (freemium)
If you’re looking to uncover hundreds of keywords in your niche, the following three tools are REALLY great as they offer HUGE keyword databases.
That being said, we’ve been using Semrush for over 6 years now (for keyword research) and it works like a charm.
If you don’t mind spending a few hundred bucks and looking to grow your search traffic and sales, you should definitely try Semrush.
Use the following link to grab their tool for FREE for the next 30 days.
FAQs | Google Keyword Planner Alternatives
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Google Adwords keyword planner alternatives.
What is the best alternative to the Adwords keyword tool?
If you’re looking to generate thousands of keywords, here are some of the best alternatives to the AdWords keyword tool.
– Semrush (20+ billion keywords)
– Ahrefs (7+ billion keywords)
– Serpstat (6+ billion keywords)
What is the free alternative to Google keyword planner?
WordStream is one of the best free alternatives to Google keyword planner as it provides thousands of keywords suggestions, search volume, CPC, and more.
Is Semrush a free SEO tool?
No, Semrush is not a free tool as its pricing plans start at $119.95 per month. However, you can use the following link to try it out for free.
Try Semrush 30-Day Free Trial
Is KeywordTool.io free?
Yes, you can use KeywordTool.io for free and get hundreds of keyword suggestions even without creating an account. However, its free version has limited features but is a great tool for beginners.
What is the best tool for keyword research?
Here are some of the best keyword research tools to try in 2022.
– Semrush Keyword Magic tool
– Ahrefs Keywords Explorer
– Keyword Surfer (free)
– KeywordTool.io (freemium)
How much does Semrush cost?
Semrush offers THREE plans which include: Pro, Guru, and Business. They’re priced at $119.95/month, $229.95/month, and $449.95/month respectively.
What are some of the free keyword research tools?
Here are some of the best free keyword research tools.
– KWFinder (free limited daily searches available)
Related Posts on SEO Tools:
Final thoughts on free alternatives to Google keyword planner
Google Keyword Planner is great for beginners but there are MUCH BETTER tools out there for keyword research.
No matter what niche you’re in, finding better keywords is the ultimate way to generate more traffic from Google. All the keyword research tools mentioned on this page are used by millions of people and most of them have huge databases with billions of keywords to offer. So start using the RIGHT tools to uncover hidden keywords.
What are your thoughts on the Google keyword planner alternatives? Did we miss any of your favorite tools on the list? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Keep reading the article at BloggersPassion: Learn Blogging & SEO from Anil Agarwal. The article was originally written by Anil Agarwal on 2022-03-07 07:06:10.
The article was hand-picked and curated for you by the Editorial Team of WP Archives.