Are you looking for the best email marketing software solutions in 2020? Undoubtedly, email is a possible way to reach your potential customers to increase your sales.
Email is the first thing most people check!
So if you’re building a website or online business, you need an email marketing automation tool to manage your email subscribers and newsletters to build trust, increase awareness and sales.
If you’re searching for the best email marketing automation tools, this post is for you where you’ll discover 6 of the best tools that work like a charm.
What is email marketing and why is it important?
Email marketing is a direct way of communicating with people through emails. Email marketing helps you build trust and credibility if you’re doing business online.
Whether you know it or not, email marketing produces a whopping ROI of $40 for every $1 spent.
Here are a few top reasons why most marketers choose email marketing.
- It is an evergreen medium to connect with people online
- It’s more measurable
- It helps you reach more customers
- It helps you establish yourself as an authority
- It gets better response rates
- It helps you nurture your audience to convert them into customers and the list goes on
Enough said about the importance of email marketing, let’s now cover some of the top email marketing solutions for bloggers.
Top 6 Email Marketing Solutions for Bloggers And Marketers
If you’re a blogger or marketer who is looking for an exclusive email marketing automation software, ConvertKit is specially for you as it helps you with everything you need including drag and drop email sequences, workflow automation rules, landing page templates, custom opt-in forms and so on.
Features of ConvertKit
Let’s first cover some of the incredible features offered by ConverKit.
- Easy to use opt-in forms which are easy to customize
- Excellent reporting where you’ll get subscriber data and opt-in conversions from the dashboard
- Custom segmenting
- Customizable landing page design
- Easily integrates with majority of the eCommerce, landing page and membership site providers
- Drag and drop interface
- Drip email marketing
- Users of ConvertKit can join the ConvertKit Slack community to connect with other users
- Email scheduling along with email sequences
- Landing page templates
- Email open rate tracking
- Subscriber exclusion and subscriber tagging
- Email and live chat support
Here’s how the interface of ConvertKit looks like;
[Case Study] How We Made $16,000+ With Just One Product And How Can You Repeat It?
As you can see above, ConvertKit gives you so many options including;
- Learn (where you’ll find all the tutorials along with videos to manage your email marketing campaigns using ConvertKit)
How much does ConvertKit email marketing software cost?
ConvertKit offers different pricing plans which are listed below.
- 0 to 1k subscribers which costs you $25 per month (billed annually) which can handle up to 1000 email subscribers
- 1k to 3k subscribers which costs you $41 per month (billed annually) which can handle up to 3000 email subscribers
- 3k to 5k subscribers which costs you $66 per month (billed annually) which can handle up to 5000 email subscribers
- If you’ve more than 5k subscribers, it costs you differently (for instance, if you’ve a list of 7500 subscribers, it costs you around $83 per month which is billed annually)
All of their plans offer you 14 days free trial, so you can feel free to use them free for 2 weeks without paying anything. If you have more than 5,000 email subscribers, they have a dedicated migration team to help you move everything from your old email marketing provider to ConvertKit for free.
Pros And Cons of Using ConvertKit
- Excellent for bloggers and it doesn’t charge extra for adding redundancy subscribers
- Email deliverability rate is excellent
- Extremely easy to use interface
- Add tags to segment your lists
- Great automation tools to manage your emails
- Lots of tutorials and videos around ConvertKit which actually helps you easily manage your list
- Provides you easy to use and readymade templates to easily create email sequences no matter what niche you are in
- Reporting data is somewhat limited
- Pricing plans start at $25 per month (billed annually) which makes it expensive when compared to most of the other email marketing solutions listed here
How to get started with ConvertKit?
Click here to try ConvertKit for free for the next 14 days and you just need to enter your details like name and email to continue.
GetResponse can be considered as an all in one toolkit for email marketing as you can do everything from building email lists to creating landing pages to conducting webinars, performing A/B testing, sales funnels and so on at affordable prices. If you’re looking for the best email marketing tool for small business, GetResponse can be a great fit for you!
Features of GetResponse
Here’s a list of few great GetResponse features.
- Access to a wide range of ready-made marketing campaign templates with landing pages, emails, signup forms, webinars, and sales pages etc to increase your email conversions
- Access to 100% responsive landing pages (so you don’t need additional landing page builders)
- Easy to use drag-and-drop editor with 150+ gorgeous templates
- Integrations with Stripe, PayPal, Square, BlueSnap, or PayU accounts
- Access to automated abandoned cart reminders with advanced ecommerce segmentation data
- Access to webinars to collect leads and turn them into customers
- Access to workflows which can help you easily turn random visitors into subscribers into customers
- Access to sign up forms which are pre made and responsive
- Access to time travel feature to help you make sure your messages are delivered at the same local time in every time zone
Here’s how the dashboard of GetResponse looks like;
As you can see above, you can access everything from its dashboard including;
- Email marketing
- Landing pages
- Forms and surveys
- CRM and so on
How much does GetResponse cost?
GetResponse offers different tier plans to a different amount of your email list size. Here are their current pricing plans along with the list size and features that you get with them.
1. Basic plan: This is the cheapest plan from GetResponse which costs you $15 monthly and suited for up to 1k email subscribers where you’ll get access to the following list of features.
- Email marketing
- Unlimited landing pages
- Automation templates
- Forms and surveys
- Exit pop-ups
- Facebook Ads
- 150+ integrations
2. Plus plan: This is a great option if you want to start conducting webinars and sell eProducts through your website which costs you $49 per month and suited for up to 1k email subscribers and you’ll get the following features.
- Everything that you get in the Basic plan (plus the following features)
- Unlimited landing pages
- List building funnels
- Sales funnels
- Webinars (max 100 attendees)
- Sell e-products
- Simple CRM
- Work together (3 users)
3. Professional plan: Do you want to conduct webinars and create funnels through webinars along with automation builder? Then, this plan is for you which costs you $99 per month and gives you the following features.
- Everything that you get in the Plus plan (plus the following features)
- Automation builder
- Contact scoring & tagging
- Webinars (max 300 attendees)
- Webinar funnels
- Paid webinars
- Work together (5 users)
4. Enterprise plan: This is the advanced and most expensive plan from GetResponse which costs you $1199 per month and gives you the following list of amazing features.
- Everything that you get in the Professional plan (plus the following features)
- Account manager
- Dedicated IP address
- Deliverability consulting
- Single Sign-on (SSO)
- Webinars (max 500 attendees)
- Transactional emails
- Email campaign consulting
Quick note: All the plans prices go up as your email list goes up. GetResponse also gives you a 30 days free trial (no credit card required) to start using all of their email marketing features at no extra cost.
Read: Detailed GetResponse Review Along with 30 Days Free Trial
Pros And Cons of Using GetResponse
- Can be used as an all in one email marketing solution as it offers everything from landing pages to webinars to email broadcasts
- Lots of free templates along with stock free images
- Easy to use drag and drop builder to customize your emails
- The email deliverability is incredible
- Their interface could be simpler especially for beginners with zero technical skills
- The double opt-in “click to confirm” emails are too slow to arrive (which can hurt your email growth rate most of the times)
How to get started with GetResponse?
Click here to sign up for GetResponse where you can instantly grab their 30 days free trial with all the features and store up to 1000 email subscribers even with their free trial.
A lot of people worldwide use Mailchimp for two major reasons: it’s free plan and easy to use interface. Mailchimp offers a free plan which you can use to handle up to 2000 subscribers at free of cost and its dashboard is extremely easy to use and operate even if you’re a beginner with no technical skills.
Features of Mailchimp
Here’s what you will get with Mailchimp email marketing solution.
- Access to over 300+ app integrations
- Access to a ton of pre-built templates
- Access to ready-made segments
- 1-click automation to manage your email marketing campaigns
- The ability to easily promote your business across email, social, landing pages, postcards etc
- Real-time performance reports for your campaigns
- Access to analytics to easily track your email open rates, clicks and so on
Here’s how the interface of MailChimp looks like;
As you can see above, Mailchimp has the most simple and easy to use dashboard where you can find everything including;
- Content studio (where you can connect your social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, products and so on)
Click here to start using MailChimp
How much does Mailchimp cost?
MailChimp currently offers you 3 premium pricing plans which are listed below.
1. Essentials plan: This is their basic plan which costs you $9.99 per month where you’ll get all the features like email templates, A/B testing, custom branding etc and you can send up to 500,000 emails a month and this plan is suitable for up to 500 email subscribers and the monthly send limit is 10 times your audience size tier
2. Standard plan: This is their widely used email marketing plan which costs you $14.99 per month where you’ll get all the features from Essentials plan, plus automation series, retargeting ads, custom templates etc and you can send up to 1,200,000 emails a month which is suitable for up to 2000 email subscribers and the monthly send limit is 12 times your audience size tier
3. Premium plan: This is their most expensive plan which costs you $290 per month where you’ll get all the features from Standard plan, plus advanced segmentation, multivariate testing etc and you can send up to 3,000,000 emails a month and suitable for up to 10,000 email subscribers and the monthly send limit is 15 times your audience size tier
MailChimp also offers you a free plan which allows you to build an email list of up to 2000 subscribers. But you can’t send any promotional (affiliate links as well) emails when you’re using their free plan.
Read: Email Marketing Strategy: 45+ Experts Sharing Their #1 Strategy
Pros And Cons of Using Mailchimp
- Offers a free plan where you can store up to 2k subscribers (other than Mailchimp, no other email marketing solution mentioned on this page offers you a free plan, except free trials)
- Lots of integrations are supported
- Easy to use interface even for beginners
- Great analytics
- Easily create different types of emails templates
- Free plan doesn’t allow you to send promotional emails
- Gets expensive as your email list grows to a big extent
How to get started with Mailchimp?
Click here to sign up for MailChimp where you can either choose their free plan to host up to 2000 email subscribers for free or pick any of their premium pricing plans to start sending promotional emails as well (with free plan, you can’t send promotional emails that include affiliate links).
AWeber is arguably the best email marketing provider at the moment. AWeber is simple, secure, user-friendly and very reliable which is used by over 1 million people worldwide.
From drag and drop email creation to built-in A/B testing to industry-leading email deliverability, AWeber is an excellent email marketing automation software for most bloggers and marketers.
Features of AWeber
Here are some of the cool features of AWeber.
- Free access to over 700 mobile-responsive email templates
- Automatically create emails from your newest blog posts
- Access to HTML templates so you can customize them however you want
- Create automated email sequences
- Apply tags to trigger automated email campaigns based on clicks and opens
- Split testing to test your emails for better conversions
- Free access to responsive signup forms
- Subscriber segmenting
- Industry-leading email deliverability rate
- Excellent analytics like open rates, click-throughs etc
Here’s how the dashboard of AWeber looks like;
As you can see above, AWeber offers a wide range of things from its dashboard including;
- Sign up forms
- List options
- Integrations and so on
How much does AWeber cost?
AWeber provides you wide range of pricing plans which are listed below.
$19 per month: This is the starter plan from AWeber which is suitable for an email list up to 500 subscribers where you can send unlimited emails, automation, segmenting, sign up forms etc
$29 per month: This plan is suitable for an email list up to 2500 subscribers where you can send unlimited emails, automation, segmenting, sign up forms etc
$49 per month: This plan is suitable for an email list up to 5000 subscribers where you can send unlimited emails, automation, segmenting, sign up forms etc
$69 per month: This plan is suitable for an email list up to 10,000 subscribers where you can send unlimited emails, automation, segmenting, sign up forms etc and it
$149 per month: This plan is suitable for an email list up to 25,000 subscribers where you can send unlimited emails, automation, segmenting, sign up forms and so on
AWeber also offers you a 30 day free trial where you can grab their $19 per month plan at free of cost and make use all of their email marketing features.
Pros And Cons of Using AWeber
- Excellent email deliverability rate
- Pre made optin forms to easily build your email list
- Lots of integrations including payments, apps and so on
- Superior customer support assistance
- Drag and drop builder to easily customize your emails
- Built-in A/B testing
- Access to mobile apps
- Powerful analytics
- Easily automate when emails are sent based on audience behavior
- Even unsubscribed email addresses count as “contacts” which creates a huge burden on your monthly quota (which is totally unfair in our view)
- Landing page editor and builder is NOT available (but you can connect and integrate AWeber with landing page builders such as Unbounce, Leadpages etc easily)
How to get started with AWeber?
Click here to start your 30 days free trial with AWeber and you will get access to all of their features and you can also store up to 1000 email subscribers with their free trial.
Drip is an all in one marketing automation tool which allows you to easily create complex automation workflows to provide you better results with email marketing. Campaigns, workflows, triggers – you name it, Drip offers it all.
Features of Drip
Here’s a list of features that you get with Drip.
- Subscriber tagging
- Lead scoring
- Drip campaigns
- Split testing to test your emails and messages with different subject lines for higher email conversions
- Performance tracking to find out how your emails are performing
- Access to reports
- Integrations with lots of tools and apps
- Subscriber list management
- WYSIWYG email editor
- Mobile optimized emails
- API access
- Opt-in widgets to easily create signup forms to collect more emails
Here’s how the interface of Drip looks like;
As you can see above, everything can be accessed from the dashboard including;
- People (subscribers)
- Forms that you created
- Your email analytics
How much does Drip cost?
Drip can also be used as a business email marketing software and it offers you the following plans.
Basic plan: This is the starter email marketing plan from Drip which costs you $49 per month and suited for an email list of up to 2500 subscribers where you can send unlimited emails along with 24/7 customer support through chat and email.
Pro plan: This plan costs you $122 per month and suited for an email list of up to 5000 subscribers where you can send unlimited emails along with 24/7 customer support through chat and email.
Drip also offers another plan which is called “Enterprise” which is suited if you have an email list of more than 5000 subscribers and the pricing varies depending upon the size of your email list.
Apart from the above, Drip offers you 14 day free trial on their Basic plan (which costs $49/mo) and you can avail all of their email marketing features.
Read: How Can You Easily Get Unverified Subscribers To Confirm Their Emails
Pros And Cons of Using Drip
- Easily automate emails
- Lots of easy to use workflows to manage your email marketing campaigns
- Excellent analytics which offers you everything from subscriber count to email open rates, clicks and so on
- Email deliverability is incredible as you’ll rarely see your emails going into spam folders of your subscribers
- Deep segmentation
- Behavior-based automations
- Workflow split testing
- Takes time to get used to it
- Expensive when compared to other email marketing automation solutions listed here
How to get started with Drip?
Click on this link to sign up for Drip where you can instantly grab their FREE trial for 14 days with all the features that you need to run your email marketing campaigns.
For those with an ecommerce store, email marketing automation is a must-have. But email tends to be less and less effective as competition increases. Luckily, there’s a way to add several channels to the same automation workflow with Omnisend. Easy to use, with key omnichannel features, Omnisend is a one-stop-shop for all your marketing needs.
Omnisend’s list of features goes on and on. Here are some of the best:
- User friendly drag-and-drop builder for easy campaign creation
- Marketing automation isn’t just for email: add Facebook Messenger, SMS, web push notifications, WhatsApp, and many more.
- Pre-built templates for cart abandonment, welcome, reactivation, order confirmation, and many more.
- Advanced segmentation based on shopping behavior, campaign engagement, and profile data.
- Quickstart customizable templates for workflows, email campaigns, sign up forms, etc.
- Email capture features with landing pages, popups, gamified Wheel of Fortune forms, and static sign up forms.
- Product picker that pulls products from your inventory right to your campaign in a click
- Automatic discount codes generated within your campaign
- Deep integration with Shopify, Shopify Plus, BigCommerce, Magento, PrestaShop, and many more popular ecommerce platforms.
- Sales performance reporting and analytics
What the Omnisend Dashboard looks like:
Your dashboard gives you full access to:
- Automation workflows
- Live view (live site tracking)
- Sales performance
How much does Omnisend Cost?
Omnisend offers a free plan, plus three tiers of paid plans that scale with your growing ecommerce store.
1. Free plan: For just basic email marketing, Omnisend’s free plan is great because there’s no limit to the amount of subscribers. You can send up to 2000 emails per day, and 15,000 emails per month.
2. Standard plan: Omnisend’s Standard plan starts off at just $16 per month and is great for those starting off with marketing automation. It also includes add-on modules to customize your plan even further:
- Automation workflows
- Advanced segmentation
- SMS in automation
- Product import and recommendations
- Interactive email elements
- Interactive sign up forms
3. Pro plan: The Pro plan is more adapted for established and growing ecommerce brands who need to get more out of their marketing automation. Starting at $199 per month, it includes everything in the Standard plan, plus:
- Facebook Custom Audiences
- Google Customer Match
- Facebook Messenger
- Web Push notifications
- Account Manager, Priority and deliverability support
4. Enterprise Plan: For marketing teams who are looking for advanced automation and account customization, the Enterprise plan is your best bet. Starting at $2000 per month, the Enterprise plan includes everything in the Pro plan, plus:
- Advanced user right management
- Advanced workflow customization
- Dedicated account & deliverability manager
- Enterprise privacy and security
- Single Sign-On
As with many marketing automation platforms, the price of each plan ultimately depends on the size of your contact list. Omnisend offers a free 14-day trial to test out any of their plans.
Pros and Cons of Using Omnisend:
- Can add several channels to the same automation workflow
- Easy to use drag-and-drop interface for building campaigns, workflows, and email capture forms
- World class deliverability, with IP warming plans for migration
- Templates for each feature to help you get started even quicker
- Ultra precise targeting for all campaigns
How to get started with Omnisend?
Try Omnisend free for 14 days to see just how you can boost campaign performance and bring your channels under one easy-to-use platform.
Top 3 Things to Consider While Picking An Email Marketing Solution
So far we’ve discussed about 6 of the best (and widely preferred) email marketing software solutions for bloggers and marketers.
If you’re curious to find more details on what to consider before picking the RIGHT email marketing solution for your needs, here are 3 things to remember.
It doesn’t matter what email marketing solution you’re going to choose, make sure it’s affordable as you can’t spend huge amounts of money in the beginning itself.
That being said, it’s always a smart idea to pick affordable email marketing solutions when you’re just getting started and once you start making decent money from email marketing, you can then think about moving to expensive email marketing solutions which offer even better features to manage your email lists and newsletters.
At the same time, don’t go for free plans either (such as MailChimp free plan) as it doesn’t give you enough motivation to work hard on your email list as most people don’t value “free stuff”. Once you start investing real money into email marketing, you’ll work hard and take it seriously which actually bring you results in the long run.
Read: Affiliate Marketing vs Google AdSense: Which Is Better for Bloggers And Marketers
2. Email automation features
Here are a couple of features an email marketing provider must have.
- Email marketing segmentation
- Pre made email templates
- Drag and drop builder
- Ready made sign up forms which you can use to collect emails
- Better email deliverability rate (after all, you need to deliver your emails to people’s inbox, not their spam folders)
- Split testing as it helps you test your emails content such as subject lines for better conversion rates
3. Customer support
Make sure to find out whether an email marketing provider is providing 24/7 customer support assistance or not.
You never know when you need help with your email marketing campaigns or you may need help with integrations or you might have email deliverability or spam issues. To address all of these things, you need to get in touch with customer support, that’s why 24/7 customer support assistance helps.
It’s even better if someone is providing you 24/7 phone support along with email support and live chat as you can get in touch with them quickly to fix any email marketing issues you’ve.
FAQs About Best Email Marketing Software
Here are some questions related to the best email marketing solutions to use in 2020 and beyond.
1. Is email marketing still effective in 2020?
Did you know that people who buy products marketed through email spend 138% more than those who do not receive email offers? Yes, that’s true, in fact, email marketing has an ROI of 4400%. Not just that, 99% of consumers check their emails on a daily basis which makes email marketing an incredible platform to increase your sales and leads.
Here are some of the biggest email marketing benefits.
- Email converts better (gives an average of around $40 ROI on every $1 you spend on email marketing)
- Helps you build trust and awareness with your target audience
- Helps you increase your website sales
- Helps you establish yourself as an authority and the list goes on
2. What is a lead magnet? What are the different types of lead magnets?
A lead magnet is a freebie that you offer to your website audience in exchange for their email addresses. To put it simply, bloggers and marketers across all industries use lead magnets such as free eBooks to build and grow their email lists.
Here are a few different types of lead magnets that you can use to grow your email list in 2020 and beyond.
- A cheat sheet
- Free trials or samples of products
- A free consultation
- White papers
- A plugin or theme
- A webinar
Read: 24 ULTIMATE List of Ways To Increase Affiliate Sales
3. What’s the best FREE email marketing tool?
If you’re looking for a free email marketing tool, go with Mailchimp as it offers a free plan where you can store up to 2k subscribers.
4. What is a good email delivery rate?
As an email marketer or blogger, you should always track your email delivery rate so you’ll know how many people are actually seeing your emails.
Your email delivery rate mostly depends on your email marketing solution such as Drip, AWeber etc and also make sure to use compelling subject lines to get more email open rates. Ultimately, your goal is to achieve a delivery rate of 95% or higher for better email conversions.
5. What is email A/B testing?
Email A/B testing or split testing is a process of using different combinations of your email subject lines, call to action, body text, headlines etc to create a combination of different emails with the same intent. This is usually done to improve email conversions to find what type of emails are converting better (in terms of call to actions, subject lines etc).
Final thoughts on email marketing software for 2020
Trust is the REAL currency online. Here’s where email marketing helps.
It doesn’t matter whether if you have a small business or a large agency, you need to focus on email marketing to make profits online. Choose the best email marketing automation tool according to your budget and features and start building your email lists as soon as possible.
So what are your thoughts? Which email marketing tool are you going to try?
Anil Agarwal who owns Bloggerspassion.com, is a full-time blogger and SEO expert who has been helping people build profitable websites for over a decade. Bloggers Passion has been featured on premium online sites like Forbes.com, Huffingtonpost, SEMrush, Problogger, Crazy Egg, The Next Web and so on.
Keep reading the article at BloggersPassion: Learn SEO Blogging with An Expert. The article was originally written by Anil Agarwal on 2019-11-18 06:27:11.
The article was hand-picked and curated for you by the Editorial Team of WP Archives.