It’s really not too hard to get online with your store these days, not with so many helpful options on the internet. In case you’re looking for free eCommerce platforms, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we share the five best tools for creating free eCommerce websites.
Some of these tools let you create a store and start selling 100% for free, while others will let you set up your store for free but charge you to start selling.
We’ll examine each of them on the following aspects:
- Free plan features
- Limitations of free plan
- Other key features
- Price for the paid plans when applicable
- Transaction fees
Want a store that plugs into your existing site? If that’s a yes, it’s Ecwid for you. No website? Not to worry, you’ll get an instant starter site too for free.
Ecwid has a free plan that’s very usable. Once you sign up, you can set up a fully functional store that sells up to 10 products in two categories. Here’s what you get:
- Mobile responsive customizable online store with product options
- Mobile responsive shopping cart
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Add it easily to WordPress or any other website
- Sell simultaneously on multiple sites
- Facebook Pixel
- Built-in support for SSL certification, security, server configuration, and hosting
- 40+ payment methods in multiple currencies
- Real-time shipping rates from some carriers
- Built-in Google Analytics integration
Limitations of free plan
You won’t get access to digital goods, staff accounts, and promo codes. These features along with many more are available only in the premium plans.
Other key features
- Sell on the go with Ecwid mobile
- Store management app
- Multiple sales channels like Facebook, Instagram, or other POS
- Unlimited products, including digital goods
- Inventory management, automated tax calculation
- Order creation, product filters, and variations
In short, Ecwid’s free plan can be a fine option for small merchants who have basic selling requirements.
Price & transaction fees
Beyond the free plan, three paid plans are available:
- Venture – $15 per month
- Business – $35 per month
- Unlimited – $99 per month
None charged directly by Ecwid, but your chosen payment processor will likely charge fees.
If you’ve got T-shirts, paintings, jewelry or other crazy stuff to sell, you’ll feel at home with Big Cartel.