Blog or vlog: which is worth your time and why?
If you’re just getting started online to make money or build a brand, picking the RIGHT platform is the key.
Both blogging and vlogging have their own merits and demerits. Also, both of them can help you make profits online.
So if you’re confused about which one to pick among blogging vs vlogging, this detailed post is just for you.
In this detailed guide, you’ll learn;
- Pros and cons of blogging and vlogging
- Blog vs Vlog statistics and so on
- How to create your own blog from scratch
- How to make your own vlog
- How to make money from blogging
- How to make money from YouTube vlogging
So are you ready to find out the details? Let’s get started!
Blog vs Vlog: Which One is a Better Choice in 2020?
Blogging: Everything to Know As A Beginner
So what is a blog?
A blog (also known as “weblog”) is an online journal or informational website which contains blog posts and pages where people share their views on various topics.
Blogs are usually run by an individual or a small team of people to build a brand, grow traffic, and sales online. Some blogs are also created just for fun where people share their thoughts on random stuff.
In the year 1999, the most popular blogging platform Blogger was launched which was later acquired by Google in 2003. The same year i.e 2003, WordPress was also launched and now it’s the #1 CMS (Content Management System) in the world.
Here are some of the interesting statistics about blogging that have been taken from various trusted sources online such as HubSpot, Statista, WordPress etc.
- WordPress is the #1 CMS in the world and 36% of the web is built on WordPress.
- Websites that also have a blog are shown to have 434% more indexed pages mostly due to the blog posts.
- Companies who blog get 97% more links to their websites.
- 77% of Internet users regularly read blog posts.
Pros And Cons of Blogging
- If you’re on a self-hosted platform like WordPress, you will have 100% control over your blog (and no one can take your blog or its content from you!)
- You can attract high-quality visitors from search engines if you’re targeting the right keywords
- You can literally sell almost anything from a blog or website
- Having your own blog with a custom domain looks professional (and you can use your website in business cards, email and everywhere)
- You can create a blog in any niche or topic under the sun (unlike vlogging where you’ll have to create on specific topics to be successful)
- Plenty of ways to make money from blogging (from affiliate marketing to offering blog services to selling your own products)
This article was written by Anil Agarwal and originally published on BloggersPassion: Learn SEO Blogging with An Expert.