- Should you be using Rank Math or Yoast SEO?
- Which one of them is better to use?
This question has been asked by many of the ShoutMeLoud readers, and today you will learn which one is better.
Yoast SEO has been dominating in the SEO realm for years. But recently a new competitor has emerged who quite successfully built up a huge community within a very short time: “Rank Math“.
This plugin is gaining positive reviews from the users and its popularity is growing at an unbelievable rate.
This is what made us create this article. We are here to find out which one is the SEO King, we can have only one King, either Yoast or Rank Math.
In this article we will review Rank Math SEO by checking its main functions as an SEO plugin, and also comparing it to Yoast SEO in these functions:
- User Interface: How easily and effectively can you use the plugin? What is the difference between Rank Math UI and Yoast UI?
- Keyword Assigning: How many keywords can you assign in each Rank Math and Yoast? Will these keywords benefit your rankings?
- Content Optimization: How well can you optimize your content using Rank Math SEO plugin? Does Rank Math uses different optimization techniques than Yoast?
- Features: Which of the plugins offer more useful features?
- Indexing: Which SEO plugin offers an instant indexing service?
- Performance: How does Rank Math affect your website’s speed? How well-coded is the plugin? What about Yoast?
- XML Sitemap Integration: Does Rank Math generate a sitemap for your website? What is the difference between Rank Math’s generated sitemap and Yoast’s?
I know you can’t wait to find the answers to all these questions. So, let’s just dive into it.
What is Rank Math SEO?
Rank Math SEO plugin aka “The Swiss Army Knife of WordPress SEO” is a free search engine optimization plugin that guides you on how to optimize your content for higher rankings.
As of now, it has 500,000+ active installation and 4.9 stars rating in WordPress. A pro version will come this fall but all of the features now present in Rank Math will remain free.
User Interface of Rank Math
The cleaner the interface the better.
When a plugin developers understand all of their users and consequently design it for all of them, they are going to win.
Rank Math developers knew this so they have designed two Modes for it:
- Easy: For those who want Rank Math to do all the work. If you choose this one you won’t need to do anything with Rank Math settings.
- Advanced: For those who want to have complete control over their website SEO. Professionals, time to show up!
However, there is no such thing as “Modes”
This article was written by Harsh Agrawal and originally published on ShoutMeLoud.