A fast website in this era is an absolute must for any online business. Whether you are a blogger, business owner, or an ecommerce store owner, fast loading websites deliver better user experience, seamless browsing across the website, and reduced consumption of resources (particularly RAM and bandwidth).
28 Ways to Speed Up WordPress Site:
Why Speed Up Your Slow WordPress Website?
To begin with, there shouldn’t be any reason for you to run a slow website. No user wants to wait for a website to load and waste their time looking at a blank or a rendering page. If users do come across a page that takes minutes to load, they’ll go looking for another that gives them the info they want in a few seconds.
According to Kissmetric:
- “A 1-second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions“.
- “If an ecommerce site is making $100,000 per day, a 1-second page delay could potentially cost you $2.5 million in lost sales every year“.
- “44% of online shoppers will tell their friends about a bad experience online“.
- “79% of shoppers who are dissatisfied with website performance are less likely to buy from the same site again”.
- 52% of online shoppers state that quick page loading is important to their site loyalty.
These are some serious numbers taken directly from Kissmetric’s blog and those people know their stuff pretty well. Hence, if you don’t improve your WordPress’s speed, you’re losing out on a lot of business.
Besides losing business, there are upsides to improving page speeds as well.
- Improved user experience for visitors coming from diverse sources.
- Search engines love fast websites and rank them higher in SERP.
- A fast WordPress website naturally has more page views than a bloated website that loads slowly.
Great, now you and I both know it’s crucial for us to have a zippy website that delivers info in a heartbeat.
The problem is, speeding up a WordPress website is not a matter of few tweaks. Rather, it’s a combination of various factors and optimizations that come together to form a super-fast website.
How to Check or Test Loading Time of Your Site?
How to test the loading time of your website?
Okay, so we might be rushing ahead because there’s a possibility that you have an inkling about your website being
This article was written by Moeez and originally published on WPblog.