2020 is now in full swing and the debate for which eCommerce platform is the best suited to users is heating up. Why wouldn’t it be? With traditional businesses facing significant problems of their own due to the pandemic, many are now shifting towards eCommerce as a viable option.
But businesses trying to embrace eCommerce are running into a snag. They don’t know which platform to use. If you’re such a business owner, then this article is for you.
We’ll be comparing three powerful eCommerce platforms: Magento, Shopify, and WooCommerce.
At the end of this article, you will have a general idea of what each platform has that your store can benefit from.
So, without further ado, let’s begin.
Magento vs WooCommerce vs Shopify: A Comparison of the Three Giants
One of the most powerful eCommerce platforms, Magento is sought-after by merchants all over the world.
Magento has helped merchants sell goods and services worth over 155 billion dollars worldwide. Its success in the eCommerce industry due to its performance, it’s promised stability, and security has rendered its rise to the best enterprise eCommerce solution for all sorts of businesses.
With different versions for different types of users, Magento is vigilant about its products and is in constant development to make the platform more secure, and reliable.
1. Platform Functionalities
- Support for multiple sales channels for both businesses and consumers.
- BI, CRM, ERP, Progressive Web Applications (PWAs), inventory management, and order management integrations.
- Open-source customizability, and support for cloud-based services, and API integrations.
- A healthy SEO score of 90-95.
- Optimized for SEO from the beginning.
- Support for a wide range of SEO activities including robots.txt, image optimization, and meta-tags optimization.
- Newer versions are a lot more user-friendly than their predecessors.
- Magento 2+ is very user-friendly with simplified user-dashboards.
- User-friendliness is more when you have technical knowledge.
- If you’re a new user, then it will take you a longer time to get acquainted with Magento.
4. Pricing and Additional Costs
- Pricing tiers vary for the Community and Enterprise edition.
- The Community version is free to use but its resources are metered. This means you cannot utilize the full-extent
This article was written by Editorial Staff and originally published on WPArena.