Are you a WordPress admin? Or have you created your own personal WordPress site for blogging or selling a product or service? If you fall into one of those categories, you probably know a couple of things:
- WordPress is easy to use.
- WordPress made some profound changes to its interface.
Both of those items are interconnected for most, but for some, the new interface isn’t quite as intuitive as it could be. In fact, some might find the new block-based UI a bit cumbersome, especially for creating posts that include more complicated blocks.
If that sounds like you, you might be interested in Atomic Blocks, a WordPress plugin that makes it such that anyone, from a first time user to those in the custom software development business (like BairesDev), can create posts and pages that include the likes of:
- Post Grid. A full-width section with title, paragraph text, and customizable button.
- Container Block. It allows you to combine several blocks into a single section.
- Testimonial Block. Add customer or client testimonials with included avatar, text, and citation.
- Inline Notice Block. A colorful notice or message with text, title, and dismiss icon.
- Sharing Icons Block. A block dedicated to social sharing.
- Author Profile Block. A block dedicated to user profiles.
- Accordion Block. An accordion text toggle with title and descriptive text.
- Customizable Button. Add a stylized button to a page or page with size, shape, target, and color options.
- Drop Cap Block. Add a stylized drop cap to the beginning of your paragraphs.
- Spacer and Divider. Add an adjustable spacer between blocks, with an optional divider.
- A/B Pricing. Add a block to illustrate price comparisons.
As you can see, the list of included blocks can help you create posts and pages with more flexibility and speed.
Let’s take a look at the installation and usage of Atomic Blocks.
What you’ll need
The only thing you’ll need is a WordPress site (version 5.2 or higher) that allows you to install plugins. That means you’ll need to also have admin login credentials for the site you’re working with.
Don’t worry; Atomic Blocks isn’t even remotely challenging to install or use, so you won’t have to hire an IT software outsourcing company to get it done.
Installing Atomic Blocks is easy. Log into your WordPress site as an admin user. In the left navigation, click Plugins and then click Add New.