Wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to write all of the articles on your blog? For instance, you may have a blog about gardening. Wouldn’t it be nice to have an RSS feed of video tutorials from YouTube or maybe some garden recipes from your favorite food blogger? It only takes a few steps to create an autoblogging site, and it’s all thanks to some fancy tools, RSS feeds, and a little research of your own.
In this post, we’ll show you everything you need to do to create an autoblogging site that automatically imports content from one or more RSS feeds as actual blog posts. Keep reading for your step-by-step guide…
The essential elements of an autoblogging site on WordPress
Autoblogging sites were at one point under attack from Google and other search engines.
The reason for this was because some websites would simply pull content from other sources, making for lots of duplicate articles around the internet.
However, there are still successful ways to add value with an autoblogging site. You just have to embrace a few elements:
- Avoid making a site that only aggregates content from elsewhere. Add value to your site by creating your own content in conjunction with the autoblogging.
- Aggregate a wide range of media types. This includes videos, articles, podcasts, and infographics.
- Stick to the latest news if you plan on sharing seasonal or topical information.
- Focus primarily on evergreen content that’ll still be relevant in a few years.
- Don’t only rely on your autoblog. Keep adding value such as job boards, product recommendations, and eBooks.
- Consider making an exclusive community for people in your niche to chat through a forum and analyze the articles from your blog.
How to create an autoblogging site on WordPress
Now that you know the basic approach, here’s how to create your own autoblog website…
Step 1: Choose a platform
An autoblogging website is nothing without a solid content management system. There are plenty of blogging systems out there, but the one we recommend above them all is WordPress.
WordPress not only allows you to create an autoblogging site, but it has plugins and settings for everything from eCommerce to complex forms.
A self-hosted WordPress site is the way to go for a number of reasons:
- You don’t have to be an advanced developer to make a beautiful, functional website.
- It’s the most popular blogging platform, so you’ll have plenty of resources online and integrations to help you build your site.
- You don’t actually have to pay for WordPress itself. The software is entirely free. Keep in mind that you will have to pay for some other elements like hosting and premium themes.
- WordPress is insanely flexible, with plugins for adding any type of feature, including autoblogging.
- Most reputable hosting companies
This article was written by Joe Warnimont and originally published on ThemeIsle Blog.