How can I make my website look professional? It is a question many aspiring website builders ask themselves when they are planning their project. The obvious answers will include improving the design or adding lots of fancy features.
But in fact, one of the most effective ways to truly enhance your basic website and make it a professional, custom one is by adding dynamic content. Dynamic content will give your users a much more fulfilling experience on your website.
What is Dynamic Content Exactly?
Dynamic content refers to interactive web content that changes depending on the time, location and the user. When a user navigates a dynamic website WordPress will pull the correct information from the database to display to the user depending on what page they are on.
With static content, what you see on the front-end will not change. In fact, you will more than likely need the help of a developer if you want to make any changes to it. However, with dynamic content website owners can edit everything on the back-end instantly without coding. It means that the information can change according to what the user is looking at, providing a much more interactive experience.
To illustrate, if you are on a gym website you might want to look at the different gyms available. Of course, each gym will have different information such as its own name, address, and list of facilities. Therefore, when you click on each gym you will see different content related to it that you will not find on the other pages.
The Advantages of Dynamic Content
Dynamic content brings many advantages to your website that static content cannot offer.
- A better user experience. Users will be able to see content which is adapted to them such as different offers which will change according to their behavior.
- Improve your KPIs. With dynamic content you can improve conversions and reduce bounce rates on your website by creating tailored content.
- Smooth navigation. Dynamic content provides a seamless experience through a website compared with static content as you can easily find the content you are looking for.
- Easy to update. You can simply edit your page on the WordPress back-end without needing to hire an expert developer.
- Responds to screen sizes. A dynamic website easily adapts to various screen sizes compared with a static one.
There are two ways we recommend that you create dynamic content. Below we will show you the two options and exactly how you can create your websites with both.
This article was written by Kyla and originally published on WPExplorer.